What are the names of these strength training (weights) exer

Options
So I've decided to start logging my workouts here. I was going to start today, but I don't know the names of some of the workouts that I did with my trainer today.

1. She called them "skull crushers." You lay on your back, hold a barbell straight up, then curl it back towards your forehead. When it's almost touching your forehead, then you extend it back out. Skull Crusher is not found in the database.

2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Then bring them up one at a time, top of the fist up, like if you were running. Does that make sense?

Also, what do I do if an exercise is just not listed... like tricep dips, and mountain climbers?

Is there a way to just put in my total daily burn? I have a Bodybugg, so I easily know what I burned each day including my exercise. Also, is there a way to just put in calories for a workout without listing the individual exercises?

Thanks.

God bless!

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just log as strength training under cardio.
  • jamie1888
    Options

2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Then bring them up one at a time, top of the fist up, like if you were running. Does that make sense?

Hammer Curls
  • twistofcain
    Options
    Skull crusher as you described just sounds like another way to do a basic tricep extension and the second one sounds like hammer curls.
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes go onto exercise tab, then my exercises then you can add your exercise for the day then your calories burned. Or as Jamie said just go to exercise then database and select strength training then alter the calories to what you burnt.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    So I've decided to start logging my workouts here. I was going to start today, but I don't know the names of some of the workouts that I did with my trainer today.

1. She called them "skull crushers." You lay on your back, hold a barbell straight up, then curl it back towards your forehead. When it's almost touching your forehead, then you extend it back out. Skull Crusher is not found in the database.

Also, what do I do if an exercise is just not listed... like tricep dips, and mountain climbers?

Is there a way to just put in my total daily burn? I have a Bodybugg, so I easily know what I burned each day including my exercise. Also, is there a way to just put in calories for a workout without listing the individual exercises?

Thanks.

God bless!
    They are called "lying tricep extensions".
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just use strength training or circuit training under cardio and enter my minutes and burn per my HRM. Much easier then putting everything in.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I also usually use the "strength training" under the cardiovascular exercises.. Especially if you/she changes the exercises often - which a good trainer should do.
  • jamie1888
    Options

Thanks.

God bless!
    They are called "lying tricep extensions".

When I do these, I can't help but laugh & think of Tony Horton (P90x): "Tip of the Day: Don't smash your face!" :laugh:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I just add that I did them to the notes section since they don`t give you extra cals for strength training and I also can`t figure the names of the machines out to punch them in
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Now I know the names of those exercises. They aren't in the database :(
    Thanks to the person who told me how to add my own calorie burn in, I'll just do that starting tomorrow (I don't remember what my exercise burn was today).

And yes, my trainer DOES mix up my strength training. We haven't done the same routine once, and I've had 9 sessions with her already. We've repeated a few of the exercises at one time or another..but never a full routine. She is an AWESOME trainer.

Thanks for the help!

God bless!