Hello all

Options
Hi I was on another site similar to this but due to moving and stress and personal issues I got off track in September...( when I weighed 160) anyway I just unpacked my scale and weighed 190 ahhhhh...not so good :( so here I am to start fresh.

I have been athletic and fit most of my life up untill an accident left me too injured to run. I slowly put on weight over 2 years but I was still in the healthy range and could still go on long hikes to burn off any excess so I did not change my calories too much. Then a severe illness affected my thyroid and adrenal glands and I began putting on weight like crazy!! I went from 130 to almost 200 lbs in less then 2 yrs. I have been recovering and actually got down to 140 and felt great however I did not maintain it and have gone back up this year.

I think one of the main reasons is that I cannot do any cardio or strength training untill I am completly healed and I used to be able to jog or take a long hike to work off my meals if I overate. But now its really all about eating less and doing slow walks and yoga a few days a week. Its definitly hard because I was so active before that I could eat a lot.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I am looking forward to hitting and maintaining at my goal.

Replies

• Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Hi I was on another site similar to this but due to moving and stress and personal issues I got off track in September...( when I weighed 160) anyway I just unpacked my scale and weighed 190 ahhhhh...not so good :( so here I am to start fresh.

I have been athletic and fit most of my life up untill an accident left me too injured to run. I slowly put on weight over 2 years but I was still in the healthy range and could still go on long hikes to burn off any excess so I did not change my calories too much. Then a severe illness affected my thyroid and adrenal glands and I began putting on weight like crazy!! I went from 130 to almost 200 lbs in less then 2 yrs. I have been recovering and actually got down to 140 and felt great however I did not maintain it and have gone back up this year.

I think one of the main reasons is that I cannot do any cardio or strength training untill I am completly healed and I used to be able to jog or take a long hike to work off my meals if I overate. But now its really all about eating less and doing slow walks and yoga a few days a week. Its definitly hard because I was so active before that I could eat a lot.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I am looking forward to hitting and maintaining at my goal.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • lwagg
    lwagg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today. I'm beginning my diet and exercise today. You can learn more about me on my profile but mainly I just want to feel and look good again. I tend to yo-yo back and forth because I never stick with anything long enough to maintain it. I reach part of my goal and then quit for a while.
    I want to - just once and for all - reach my whole goal and feel young and healthy again. I could easily go another 10 years never really committing and look back at all the time I've wasted! :cry: I'm hoping that with a little accountability and support I can make it happen this year!
    So far today my diet looks good, wish me luck with the cardio tonight!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I wish you much luck and success on your weight loss journey!