Dudes- Are you self conscious about hairloss?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Biggest issue I'm dealing with the the graying temples. JUST FOR MEN? Hmmmmm.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I have good genes and have no hair loss going on. But several of my buds do and a few are so self conscious they either always wear hats or are looking to spend big money on a transplant?

So any of you "follicly challenged" guys out there feeling the same?

If I were losing my hair, I would just shave my head.

My husband has been thinning for quite some time (he'll tell you it's migrating off his head and onto his back!) He's always kept it short but just recently decided he'd had enough and shaved it. I wasn't sure what I thought of it at first but chalked it up to the fact that his head had very little color compared to the rest of him. Now that he's gotten a little sun on it I like it a whole lot better! And he's pretty happy with how it looks and feels and really, that's all that matters to me. :)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Nope, and I feel sorry for people who think they are lucky to have no hair loss.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i wish i had hairloss on my legs lol:tongue:

anyways back to topic...
    i think there are alot of sexy bold guys out there...also if it really looks that bad when falling out then just cut it "army short"! that solves all that and then looks good right!:huh:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Going bald and grey, and don't care at all. I just cut my hair shorter than I used to.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not too fond of it, but what can I do? Look like a douche by doing a comb over? Ill jsut cut it short and shave it all before I get that wraparound look :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I can grow a full head of (graying) hair, but I shave it clean anyway...Love the cueball look!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My hairline certainly isn't my best feature, but Im not self conscious about it. I keep it cut pretty short and have thought about shaving it clean, just not sure I could pull it off.

Me thinks you could pull it off fine ! :smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I really hope I don't go bald.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't care that much. Although sometimes I wish I could have some hair style other than closely cropped or bald.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I grew my hair out so I could wrap it around my head like a turban in case it starts thinning too much. If I'm going to have a comb over, it's going to be an EPIC comb over. .
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Nope! I was losing hair since I was in high school. About 10 years ago, I just went for it and began shaving my head and never looked back. In my opinion, hair is overrated.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll have to worry about it, but if I did I'd just shave my head. I already keep it buzzed so I don't think it would be an issue, plus chicks dig it right?
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Getting pretty thin. About a year ago I changed to a very short caesar style cut which helps a bit. I'm not overly worried about it, though.

The gray bothers me a little more - especially in the beard.
  • jgkimo
    Options
    Keep it short, real short - Solar panel not so noticeable.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll have to worry about it, but if I did I'd just shave my head. I already keep it buzzed so I don't think it would be an issue, plus chicks dig it right?

If it's receding, cutting it short/buzzing is alway more attractive to me than a clean shave.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It's been getting a little more noticeable lately. May have to get some of that spray stuff to fill in the spots.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    From a women's point of view, mine at least, bald is sooo sexy. Add a goatee to that and OH MY... :wink:

^^ this
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    No point in fighting it. It used to bother me a lot. But eventually you just gotta accept who you are. The only other "options" aren't really options. Hair pieces, transplants, stinky creams that don't work... forget it.

I just throw a fresh coat of wax on my dome and greatly appreciate the gals who like the look. Y'all are the best!
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    I have been shaving my head since I was in high school and when I tried to grow it out one time I noticed that I have a pretty bad receding hair line. I was self conscious at first but got over it since I shave my head anyway.