any websites like MFP for budgeting?

Options
2»

Replies

• kidakiwi04
    Options
    I love learnvest.com it has the same security as bank websites with the added benefits of being able to create budgets, import bank, activity, and useful tips about how to invest/save money
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I have tried mint and it seemed complicated. I just use an excel spreadsheet. It works. Me and my husband actually just went debt free today :]

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • c2sky
    Options
    I use yodlee, which is a lot like Mint. It's good for aggregating all your on-line bills and reward miles and bank account and whatever, and the budgeting is ok.

The cleanest way to budget is probably the Dave Ramsay method - envelopes with cash in them labeled "rent" "food" "fun" or whatever.

I second Dave Ramsey method!!!!

I know all about Dave Ramsey, and I like a lot of what he has to say, but his website was not really what I was looking for. My sister uses that method, but it absolutely does not work for me, and the types of bills I pay. I want to be able to use this for my business accounting as well as my home. We have mine, his and ours, and it's just crazy!
  • c2sky
    Options
    LorinaLynn completed her shopping today and was under her spending goal.

*sigh*

Yeah, it would be nice.

Love this!
  • c2sky
    Options
    See, I'm on autopay for a lot of my bills. So how do I log and subtract from budgeted amounts in categories, when they've already been taken out, and I'm not writing a check, paying with cash or swiping a card?

Is that what quickbooks does or some of these others?

Sorry I'm so stupid about this, but I have only used spread sheets. Then I have to go online, check my statement and log things. And I always put it off. That's why my taxes aren't done.

I'm a smart person. I know I can learn this, but I just need to know where to go to learn.
  • c2sky
    Options
    c2sky this is what I do for a living. I am happy to help in any way that I can. Just let me know.

Thanks John. Read my last post, and you can message me, or share what you feel appropriate here. I hope I'm explaining what I'm looking for.