Skinny Mini September Challenge Week ONE (Closed Group)

Options
2»

Replies

• mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    @ Mindey--- Woot Woot!!!! LOL--- I am very excited to go through this journey with all of you!! Special thanks to everyone and special thanks to my mini buddy MIMI who is already super encouraging even before day 1!!! LOL We will do this ladies!!
  • TonyaBrandt
    TonyaBrandt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Day one was a great day! I made brownies for a party last night and didn't eat one! I also ate nothing at the party and passed on the beer and wine. I am an early morning exerciser so my workout was done before I saw the challenge for the week. Today I went into the club early and ran my extra mile before class! Drank 10 cups of water yesterday and was under my calorie goal! Now I just hope to stay in control for the long holiday weekend!!!
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So far it's been a rough start but I think today made up for that. Drinking the water has been no problem but calorie counting here is sort of crazy!

Good luck ladies!

1. Kristi: I will commit to EVERY challenge for this week and also commit to 4 extra miles to meet the team goal.
    SW: 210lbs GW (for Challenge) 198lbs.
    2. Mimi (miami_mimi) I commit to all the challenges this week and will do an extra 3 miles to meet the team goal.
    SW 153lbs GW (on 9/30/11) 147lbs
    3. Jessica: I will commit to Every challenge for this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal! SW: 193 GW (for this challenge) 188 lbs!
    4. Melissa: I will commit to every challenge for this week and also commit to 6 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW: 176.8 (this morning... ugh... gained a pound.. hoping it's water weight) and my GW (on 9/30) is 170
    5. Meg: I will commit to every challenge this week and will doan extra 3 miles to meet the team gaol. SW: 155.5lb GW: 145lb
    6. Mindey: SW: 209.5 GW (for challenge) 199.5
    7. AndreeAnn: : I will commit to Every challenge for this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal! SW: 148 GW: 140 lbs!
    8. Jessica/Sunshinestorm: I will commit to every challenge this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW: 148, GW for challenge: l44lbs
    9. Tonya: I committ to every challenge this week and also committ to 4 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW 164 GW 158
    10. Sherry: I will commit to day 1 & 3 challenges and to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW 190.2 GW 184.7
    11. Theresa: I will commit to EVERY challenge this week, and an extra 5 miles to meet the team goal!! Starting weight is 208 and goal weight is 198!!
    12. Tiffany: I will commit to all the challenges this week (though not on the specified day) and also an extra 5 miles this week :) September start weight 158.5 goal weight for the end of September 152 lb.
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I start school this week so a lot of things to do and think, but then I'm ready!

1. Kristi: I will commit to EVERY challenge for this week and also commit to 4 extra miles to meet the team goal.
    SW: 210lbs GW (for Challenge) 198lbs.
    2. Mimi (miami_mimi) I commit to all the challenges this week and will do an extra 3 miles to meet the team goal.
    SW 153lbs GW (on 9/30/11) 147lbs
    3. Jessica: I will commit to Every challenge for this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal! SW: 193 GW (for this challenge) 188 lbs!
    4. Melissa: I will commit to every challenge for this week and also commit to 6 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW: 176.8 (this morning... ugh... gained a pound.. hoping it's water weight) and my GW (on 9/30) is 170
    5. Meg: I will commit to every challenge this week and will doan extra 3 miles to meet the team gaol. SW: 155.5lb GW: 145lb
    6. Mindey: SW: 209.5 GW (for challenge) 199.5
    7. AndreeAnn: : I will commit to Every challenge for this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal! SW: 148 GW: 140 lbs!
    8. Jessica/Sunshinestorm: I will commit to every challenge this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW: 148, GW for challenge: l44lbs
    9. Tonya: I committ to every challenge this week and also committ to 4 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW 164 GW 158
    10. Sherry: I will commit to day 1 & 3 challenges and to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal. SW 190.2 GW 184.7
    11. Theresa: I will commit to EVERY challenge this week, and an extra 5 miles to meet the team goal!! Starting weight is 208 and goal weight is 198!!
    12. Tiffany: I will commit to all the challenges this week (though not on the specified day) and also an extra 5 miles this week :) September start weight 158.5 goal weight for the end of September 152 lb.
    13. Marie-Josee: I will commit to Every challenge for this week and also commit to 3 extra miles to meet the team goal! SW: 158 GW: 148 lbs!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Day one was a great day! I made brownies for a party last night and didn't eat one! I also ate nothing at the party and passed on the beer and wine. I am an early morning exerciser so my workout was done before I saw the challenge for the week. Today I went into the club early and ran my extra mile before class! Drank 10 cups of water yesterday and was under my calorie goal! Now I just hope to stay in control for the long holiday weekend!!!

Great willpower and way to go......
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hello all....my workout last night after work consisted of the following killer activities
    ONE EXTRA MILE on the treadmill.....i even ran a little...more like sprinted....
    drank 13 glasses of water
    under in calories
    i also did 35 min. of weights, and 65 min. on elliptical.....ANOTHER GREAT DAY TOMORROW=)
    sounds like you KILLED IT! Great job!
  • kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Y'all are KILLING IT!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! So proud!!! So today no workout! :( which means I have to kick butt tomorrow and sunday to finish the challenges, no problem...consider it DONE! I did exceed my water goal and stayed under my calories so this is good!!! Keep going strong!!! I know it's a long weekend coming up but we're totally gonna rock this!!!!
  • lloydmel
    Options
    So, I'm way under in calories.
    Way over in water.
    I did my crunches.
    I plan to run A LOT tomorrow.... :) Gotta get those 6 miles in this weekend... I can do it! lol eek!
  • mzjessicab
    Options
    Just wanted to send out a word of encouragement out there ladies.. I don't know about the rest of you, but my family is full of Big Eaters.. so I know Labor Day is coming up and I am expecting this Monday to be a challenge! BUT I am already prepared-- I will be pre-packing all of my own yummy healthy snacks!! It has worked before and I know it will work again!!! Preparation is key! Happy Labor Day everyone! We can do this! :)
  • achampionsheart
    Options
    ok so my workout friday night was this:
    65 min.on treadmill....i went longer on the treadmill to ensure that my extra mile was done....so in all on the treadmill i did 3.62 miles
    on the elliptical i did 45 min., 3.15 miles
    then i did 15 min. of jillian michaels 30ds and my crunches as part of the challenge....
    under in calories and i only drank 8 glasses today, not as much as i logged.....
    GO ME....AND GO SKINNY MINIS=):flowerforyou: :love: :wink:
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    "You be killin it, you be killin it!" Sounds like we're all off to a great start team! Nice job! I posted this as my status, but just wanted to let you all know that heart rate monitors are one of the best indicators of calories burned. This site does a great job with everything, but I've found that its not as accurate with my calories burned when I look it up on here. Because I'm smaller and more fit, I have to work harder at getting those calories burned. So, during the times I'm not wearing my heart rate monitor and enter it in on here, I really need to lower that estimate so I don't eat back as many of those calories. (It could also be muscle, but I still want the dumb scale to go down!) I've been hard core working out for 3 years now and I've learned that you need to switch up your workout routine as much as possible to keep your body guessing. It gets used to what you do. And also, if you are a "cardio queen" like I tend to be, strength training is just as important, if not more, than cardio. Just some friendly advice. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How did the week go ladies? Week one will be over as of tonight!!! I was able to complete the challenges even though I didn't want to! hahaha. Starting tomorrow I'm starting a new forum for week two and I hate to say it but this week was a stinkin' breeze compared to what next week is gonna bring. Sorry :( Actually, I'm not sorry, you'll love me by the end of September!!! :)
  • mzjessicab
    Options
    BRING IT ON! It was a BIG challenge, but I got all of my challenges done in ADDITION to my own workouts....Ready for week 2!!! Side Bar: My husband is pumped as well.. I know have him jumping on the treadmill trying to complete my challenges too! ;)
  • achampionsheart
    Options
    How did the week go ladies? Week one will be over as of tonight!!! I was able to complete the challenges even though I didn't want to! hahaha. Starting tomorrow I'm starting a new forum for week two and I hate to say it but this week was a stinkin' breeze compared to what next week is gonna bring. Sorry :( Actually, I'm not sorry, you'll love me by the end of September!!! :)

this week was good....got the challenges done...i actually did 135 jumping jacks tonight...75 for challenge then 60 as part of my regular training....go me...=)....i also did my extra mile on the treadmill as well as my weight training.....bring on the next challenges, i can do it (as long as it doesnt kill me..hehe)
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The week went great for me. I enjoyed the challenges, as they were not things I would normally do each day. I walked my 3 miles for the team and I am ready for week 2!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Awesome week!!!!! Challenges accomplished, day 3 was done today but accomplished nonetheless :D
  • Tess12513
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I am so ready for next week! Bring on the challenges!!
  • lloydmel
    Options
    Ok... so I did not get 6 extra miles done for the week, but I did 2 1/2 extra miles today (most of it was hard as heck) and so total for this half week was 3 1/2 miles...

I did the jumping jacks
    I am over in water
    Way under in calories... trying to eat more because I killed it today in the gym and am just barely in the positive for net calories...

Looking forward to this week...
    Monday my gym is closed and we are supposed to get some very bad weather here Monday and Tuesday.... looks like I'll be stuck in the house :/
  • TonyaBrandt
    TonyaBrandt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was "unplugged" for the Holiday weekend so am just checking in. I have the MFP app on my phone but cannot access the message boards. I completed all week one challenges! Plus I did my extra 3 miles for the team. Hope everyone had a great long weekend and is ready to kill week two!
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I did the challenge of a week. So I did my 3 miles of the challenge group, my extra miles for the days 1, my 50 crunches with a 10lb for days 2 and my 75 jumping jack!

a great week and I hate to start another week!!