New NSV for Me

Options
So, today I went to physical therapy to work on strengthening my knee. I overused it a bit and it's inflamed. I've been bummed out about it because I'm really eager to get back into working out. When I was with my therapist, she was like "You're going to be a lot of fun to work with because knees are my favorite type of injuries and I enjoy working with athletes." It was strange to hear the word athlete come out of her mouth. I told her about my routine with running, Zumba and yoga. Considering a year ago, I wasn't doing any type of exercise and wasn't interested in doing any, what she said to me meant a lot. Within the past year, I've ran 5 5K's and placed in one of them. Yeah. I guess I am an athlete. It's just great to hear it from someone else. I have about a month of therapy until I'm fully functioning and only one more week until I can start doing some exercises. That's a difference too. I'm actually now excited to exercise. Must be the athlete in me.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!