my NSV - gonna sound silly ...

Options
My was at my chiropractor for the first time and he said (can't remember context) "... well you don't look very overweight at all blah blah blah..."

And when I was at the Wedding expo on the weekend and talking to a dressmaker about fatbits etc, she just looked at me and made a puffed out exasperated "you aren't fat!" noise.

Sounds silly as ****, but really made me happy for about 5mins. Cos all I see, is bluuuuuuuuuuurggh! And according to BMI (**** you!) I am just on obsese. And chiropractor (also nutritionist) says I'm barely overweight :love:

Replies

• breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    BMI is a guide i wouldnt believe it 100%.
    all things like that have falws, so dont trust anything but yoursef and how you feel!
    its a GREAT NSV well done its awesome when ppl say nice things when they really dont have to.

welldone and keep it up!!
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    Gotta love those chiropractors!!! :D

Keep up the good work!
  • Jc_1324
    Options
    To be honest the BMI guide is exactly that just a guide, for me being my age and my height ( 6ft approx at 190 lbs) im at a 25.77% and i am technically .77 % to being considered borderline normal/overweight. For the most part it is very hard to reach the standards given out by the BMI, since they are unrealistic and i have had doctors tell me that personally. with every 5 pounds you lose .77 % body fat if i remember correctly so to be underweight and at 6ft at the age of 16 id have to be 120lbs. and that's with having 18.5%
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    proud of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!