Im new here

Options
Hey all,
Im Katie. I figured I would try this website as I've heard good things about it. I've been using lose it, but am getting tired of having to look elsewhere for nutritional info for common items or resturants! I've heard the database here is huge!

I really need a kick in the butt to get motivated to lose weight. I grew up being the athletic one in the family. I have been slowly putting on weight despite remaining very active at first. Now, life has just caught up to me and I dont exercise or watch what I eat. I have become so uphappy with myself.

I hoping to find the inner strength to finally do this. Everybody keeps telling me not to worry about losing weight while Im in school. Well, I am in Nursing school and it seems kinda hypocritical to me to be a fat nurse!?

Katie

Replies

• ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Hi there Katie, I'm Shannon...Welcome to MFP.

Today is a great day to start...that's all you have to do...Start !!! A journey starts with just one step....and you did it ! Congratulations girl. This is a great site and the people here are amazing ! Send me an invite if you like sweetie.
  • Marycan2
    Options
    Welcome Katie. You have made the first important step! Yes, the data base here is huge, and it makes it so much easier to track you food and drink intake. You can do this!!!!! You can invite me to be your friend if you'd like.
  • Robert824
    Options
    Katie, Welcome. You will love MFP! Great people, support and the database if great! Please feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    welcome to mfp! its a very helpful easy to use site & most people are really supportive.... like the rest of the web there are a few *kitten*.but for the most part I find it to be great between the phone app & the online site.
    Good luck on your journey! feel free to add me if you like :)
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Im Katie. I figured I would try this website as I've heard good things about it. I've been using lose it, but am getting tired of having to look elsewhere for nutritional info for common items or resturants! I've heard the database here is huge!

I really need a kick in the butt to get motivated to lose weight. I grew up being the athletic one in the family. I have been slowly putting on weight despite remaining very active at first. Now, life has just caught up to me and I dont exercise or watch what I eat. I have become so uphappy with myself.

I hoping to find the inner strength to finally do this. Everybody keeps telling me not to worry about losing weight while Im in school. Well, I am in Nursing school and it seems kinda hypocritical to me to be a fat nurse!?

Katie
    Welcome to the site, and if you need a kick in the (_|_) you've come to the right place! :laugh: