Why the heck do you ...

Options
duqtape
duqtape Posts: 121 Member
Not just leave the license plate frames advertising the dealership you bought it at, but took the time to put them BACK on after getting your shiny new state issued plates? On my last two cars, the dealership frames only lasted the drive from the dealership to my house.

Why the heck do people leave them on?

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    No clue. I told them "Here, put this on for me," at the dealership when I got my car, and handed them a simple silver plate frame. They did. I already gave you tens of thousands of dollars. I don't need to advertise your dealership for free too. If anyone wants a Toyota, rest assured they know where to find one.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can't decide what is worse, however, the fact that people leave the advertising frame on or some dealerships put a sticker on the paint of used cars with the dealership name.

I'm going with the latter since I can't decided to take that off. It a sticker on the paint.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's a killer. I haven't bought a used car yet, but if I ever do - believe they won't be able to sell that thing to me without getting the sticker/plaque thing off first. So not kidding. I don't even wear visible name brands on my clothing. I'm not going to drive around with someone's label on me either.