Losing the baby weight once and for all!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just started a few days ago. I have two girls (3 1/2 and 20 months). I gained a ton of weight with both pregnancies, and was shocked when it didn't come right off :-). I've got 50 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'd like to lose 60-75 altogether. I'm finding it really helpful to track my calories. Just wanted to say hi! Looking for new friends on the same journey.

Replies

• babyfatbegone
    babyfatbegone Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I am also trying to lose my baby weight, but my baby is 2 1/2. lol. Feel free to add me. :D
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also trying to get rid of the baby weight+the lbs. I packed on after! Aiming to lose 80-90 lbs. Would love to have another weight loss buddy! :D
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am fairly new as well, but I have the same sw as you and I also have 2 girls with the baby weight to lose. Feel free to add me if you'd like, and best wishes!
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just started a few days ago. I have two girls (3 1/2 and 20 months). I gained a ton of weight with both pregnancies, and was shocked when it didn't come right off :-). I've got 50 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'd like to lose 60-75 altogether. I'm finding it really helpful to track my calories. Just wanted to say hi! Looking for new friends on the same journey.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one my baby just turned 8 mos and I was very sure that the baby weight would come off on it's own but it's stuck on all the wrong places! I wish you luck hope all the moms get to their goals soon!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Me too! I need all the help I can get... feel free to friend me!
  • Jamielynn1028
    Options
    Hey, I'm on the same journey. My babies are 5 and 2 though! I SWORE to myself I would never be "that" mom who blamed being overweight on having kids, so I'm not. I'm getting back in shape now! I started July 13 and have lost 12lbs already, I'm so excited to keep going! I work in a school and my goal before going back was to lose 50lbs by the end of the school year! It's not even September(almost.lol) And I'm a 1/4 of the way done, I got this! Feel free to add me on here. I'm pretty much on my own with this journey. No friends or family are doing it with me. Best of luck to you!
  • ozenbea
    Options
    Hi, I feel your pain. I gained 65 pounds with my pregnancy and I thought it would melt off. I breast fed, so about 55 lbs came off, but I was 35 lbs overweight to begin with! My son is 18 mo old now and I'm tired of being "fluffy"!!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Same boat here too. Too bad my oldest is 15 and the caboose is 2... Can't blame it on the baby anymore :( [I have 4 kids]

I have lost 30 and want to lose an additional 50.
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    Loving all the support! Thanks for sharing ladies. I love knowing I'm not alone in this journey.

My SIL gained 20 lbs her whole pregnancy, then lost 30 after! WTH? She's abnormal, LOL.
  • feydruss
    Options
    My problem is that people are too understanding. "But you had TWINS!" they say, like that excuses the extra weight ten months post-partum.

On the plus side, I think I'll be losing more weight when I start running around after them, trying to keep them out of trouble!
  • guineverantha
    guineverantha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have baby weight from 5 1/2 years ago to lose! :) Let's do the journey together!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My kids are about the same ages as yours--18 months and 3 and 1/2. I didn't gain too much with the pregnancies and lost it immediately. My problem started after they were born. I stress ate when my son wouldn't stop crying. I ate out of boredom being stuck at home with them. I snacked all day long because that was easier than carving out the time to sit down and eat a proper meal. I'm really hoping I'll be able to create some good habits again with some support here.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started here b/c of baby weight too. I am only 3 lbs from my pre-baby weight now, but still have a bit more to make it to my "pre-dating" weight. :wink: It's a life- long battel, but this site has been great! I couldn't have lost it so quickly without it. :flowerforyou:
  • megsie25
    Options
    Hey, I have a 10 year old, a 6 year old and a 6 month old and I decided that I want to be healthy again. O started a health kick 7 weeks ago and have lost 5kgs so now I know it is possible and I'm not doomed.to be fat forever its time to be the best me I can me. I have 15kilos to go. O am new on here so everyone.please add me :)
  • Laurla11
    Options
    I can't believe those people that only gain 20-30 lbs with their pregnancy. I just had my daughter 6 weeks ago and I put on a whopping 60 pounds!! I'm wanting to take the weight off while she's still a baby, before she starts crawling and running around, because I feel like it will be so much easier if I just do it now. I'm here for support if ya need it!
  • jillyp22
    Options
    I just had a baby 9 weeks ago and im new 2 the site so please add me :happy:
  • feydruss
    Options
    For those of you who are really new mums (3m and younger), please give yourself a break about the extra weight. Focus on making healthy choices and getting rest when you can (especially if you're nursing). There is a saying about it taking nine months to put the weight on, nine months to take it off... (or more!)

I totally understand the desire to get your body back, but right now it's still not really your body to control (as much as that is difficult to hear). It still exists primarily to nourish your new baby, whether that's through BFing, cuddling, smell, or whatever.

I was one of those people who had a workout plan ready to go at the six-week post-partum date, and NEVER did it. I realized quickly that if I had an extra hour, it was better that I SLEEP.

There will be time to lose the weight. Be kind to yourself.
  • missanita1
    Options
    hey im new to this site as well. its proli right infront of my face how to but how do i add you?? mu baby is 9 weeks this wednesday.