Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lesson learned today...

angelicdisgrace
angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
Calories add up quickly and I should of not eaten that damn piece of birthday cake! At least I logged it :frown:

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    You logged it and you learned. That's a good day.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    same here with a brownie and ice cream!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Calories add up quickly and I should of not eaten that damn piece of birthday cake! At least I logged it :frown:

Exactly, at least you logged it! Although it may have put you over your goal, I think half the battle is admitting to ourselves and seeing in print the bad stuff we eat. It will only help you in the long run. You can make up for it tomorrow with some extra fruit :)
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Don't beat yourself up about it. You have to live life once in a while. Most of us just need to make sure its 'once in a while" or we wouldn't be on this site.
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    at least u were honest and logged it. U cant always give up what u love but just make up for it with a few extra exercises or smarter choices over the next week. Proud of u for admittin u ate it.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    And not all calories are created equal, that is for sure! You can eat a piece of cake and it gives you the calories of a whole meal (or more), but you don't feel like you have eaten a meal... you're just more hungry, and get a blood sugar crash later! :(
  • Yeah, I had Chocolate frosted pop tarts and they are 400 calories for two! Tomorrow is going to be a better food day!!
  • angelicdisgrace
    I will look back at my sugar and calories and try not to do it again!
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    No more shrimp pasta dishes for me. Landed me in the ER. :/
  • angelicdisgrace

dammmmnnn what happened?
  • That's the main reason why having a food diary is very important in weight loss & maintenance so we can keep track of all what we are eating. In this way we learn to be more disciplined in our food choices.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Good for you for logging that piece o' cake!!! If you deprive yourself of all yummies you're dooming your end goal because you'll give up before you reach your weight goal. Just get back on the wagon and enjoy the fruit and veggies. No guilt allowed. Personally, I allow myself an awesome treat every Sunday. That way I can remind myself on Wednesday that Sunday's coming and i can have the treat. It keeps me on track during the week. I'm doing it smart this time so healthy eating will become my habit and I can keep the weight off this time. BTW - happy birthday to whoever it was.
  • angelicdisgrace
    Good for you for logging that piece o' cake!!! If you deprive yourself of all yummies you're dooming your end goal because you'll give up before you reach your weight goal. Just get back on the wagon and enjoy the fruit and veggies. No guilt allowed. Personally, I allow myself an awesome treat every Sunday. That way I can remind myself on Wednesday that Sunday's coming and i can have the treat. It keeps me on track during the week. I'm doing it smart this time so healthy eating will become my habit and I can keep the weight off this time. BTW - happy birthday to whoever it was.

It was one of our drivers bday. We try to celebrate all of our employees bday. Keep moral happy!
  • angelicdisgrace
    That's the main reason why having a food diary is very important in weight loss & maintenance so we can keep track of all what we are eating. In this way we learn to be more disciplined in our food choices.

nice before and after pics! Congradulations!
  • Thats why this website is so useful because now you see it all layed out in front of you and you will definitely learn your lesson! I find myself caving less into sweets and starches because I think "oh no im gonna use up all my calories for today and then I'll be STARVING later! It's not worth it" haha seeing it and adding up everything-- even what I might have even thought was healthy in the past-- has really made me more aware of what I'm putting in my body. If I just eat a ton of veggies all day (which have little to no calories) I can be munching all day long and never feel hungry and never go over my calorie budget! Its a lot more worth it than a slice of cake. If your craving sweets though, may I suggest the "Cliff Builder" protein bars. They're super yummy and PACKED with protein (which keeps you full) about 20g. Its about 270 calories/bar but I split it in half so I can have 2 sweet snacks throughout the day. They're definitely the biggest (meatiest?) protein bars out there so its not just a one or two bite thing. I highly reccomend them and they come in lots of different delicious flavours from chocolate to lemon to vanilla almond and even peanut butter :happy:
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member

dammmmnnn what happened?

Severe allergic reaction. Swelled up real good, including my throat. Was freaked out for a bit. lol All better but under observation until the Epi wears off and the steroids kick in. They want to make sure I don't rebound.
  • When did this happen! Glad you are ok?
  • I've been playing with the calorie counter before I eat to help me plan better. Has helped..but lets face it. It's hard to say no to good cake when its sitting in front of you. Good for you for keeping it real with your diary.