I LOVE TILAPIA

Options
My Husband and I are trying new ways of preparing dinner. This week we are working with fish. Haddock is okay, tonight we had tortilla crusted tilapia. Tilapia is the best hands down. Tomorrow is salmon burgers. I am plenty full and my calorie intake is at a minimal. I am loving fish and never really had before. Any ideas on different recipes for any kind of fish. I want to try as many kinds as possible.

Replies

• Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think you may find some way to cook it at skinnytaste.com...I LOVE that site. You can find MANY things on there. Soooo much GOOD STUFF!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Me too
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wife started a tilapia thread last night and made a couple of them today and YUMMY
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I made my fave tonight...tilapia and asparagus.

I put some EVOO on aluminum foil, put down the fish, then sprinkle dill, Mrs. Dash's original recipe, lemon pepper and garlic on top. I then put the aluminum foil on the grill. When I turn the fish over, I sprinkle the same items on the other side of the fish.

I put some EVOO on aluminum foil, lay down the asparagus, and sprinkle on the same seasoning except lemon pepper. I then close the aluminum foil, punch NO holes, and put it on the grill. I like it when some of the pieces get char marks.

YUMILICIOUS!
  • haterhaze
    haterhaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Baked Tilapia with Cheese Sauce
    6 servings

2 lbs tilapia
    2 tbsp light butter (margerine)
    3 tbsp plain bread crumbs
    1 tbsp flour
    3/4 cup ff milk
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    3/4 cup 2% shredded cheese

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Place tilapia in a baking dish, melt butter and pour over fish. Sprinkle on the bread crumbs. Place in oven for 20 min or until it flakes. In a sauce pan, put in flour and whisk with milk and bring to a low boil. Add mustard and cheese and stir until fully melted. Pour over tilapia. Enjoy!

This is a must have for my family, we all love it. (238 calories)
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    "Angry Trout Cafe Grilled Lake Trout" I ate this dish at that restaurant this summer and it was the best fish I have ever eaten. I bought the cookbook so I could make it at home.

Here is a link to the recipie: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/431/Angry-Trout-Cafe-Grilled-Lake-110532.shtml
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    "Angry Trout Cafe Grilled Lake Trout" I ate this dish at that restaurant this summer and it was the best fish I have ever eaten. I bought the cookbook so I could make it at home.

Here is a link to the recipie: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/431/Angry-Trout-Cafe-Grilled-Lake-110532.shtml
  • CSelf1
    CSelf1 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Here is the thread I started last night..it is under recipes and lots of people posted some great sounded stuff!! The ones I tried today were the Pan Fried and the Parmasean Encrusted one...enjoy!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/331396-anyone-have-a-good-tilapia-recipe
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love to eat tilapia cooked in coconut milk with green leafy veggies...
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hhayes, I loved the tilapia with cheese sauce, i had to pan fry since it's just me and my husband, but it was still super tasty and filling!!!