strength training

Options
Is there some way to get 'calories burned' to appear under strength training?
It isn't very motivating to do weight lifting for 40 minutes and get no credit for it!
Am I entering incorrectly?
Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Greycat1
    Greycat1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go under exercise in your diary and do a search for strength training and it will come up and then you just enter the amount of time that you exercised.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    strength training with weights is also listed in the cardio section. You can still list out what you did under the strength section, so you can have them listed out for reports, etc.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Remember your reps etc. and enter it into the cardio part then calories burned will appear, but remember it may not be exactly precise.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just cheat the system and created a new exercise under cardio called "Weight Training" and assigned the calories that I estimate (whole other topic) for the time that I work out. Once I set it up the first time, I just adjust the time accordingly, and don't obsess over the exact amount.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The best way is to wear a HRM, the calculator isn't accurate for the most part.
  • tangowgirl
    tangowgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your help. I no longer worry about the accuracy for measuring strength training in FP, I just record it the best I can and wow, I'm a believer!
    In the past 12 months, without making any other changes to my routine except adding weight training, I lost 15 lbs and over 8 inches in my waist alone! I'm down 2 clothing sizes, too.
    Weight circuit/Body Pump/Free weights...I believe!