Share some recipes with a NOOB please

Options
Hello all,

I'm fairly new here and new to this new healthy lifestyle. I am in a bit of a bind and thought I'd ask the community to share some recipes with me.

My biggest problem is balancing the sodium/potassium intake levels while maintaining an appropriate amount of protein in my diet. I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans, but I know I am NOT one. I LIKE meat. I've already started using leaner cuts, and replacing some of it with extra-lean ground turkey, but I just cannot get a handle on it.

It just seems like whenever I'm getting the sodium down, and the potassium up, I loose out on protein.

SO, if anyone has a recipe that is high in potassium, low in sodium, and has a decent amount of protein in it, I would really appreciate it if you would share it here.

Thanks.

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Power Yogurt (I'm addicted)

1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 tbs flax seed oil
    cinnamon to taste
    fruit

I add berries but you can always add banana for extra potassium.

I love this stuff! I make it in the morning and by the time I have it for my afternoon snack the whey powder has dissolved into the yogurt and made a deliciously gooey treat! :) Mmmmm
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just use healthier ingredients in the recipes that you already use. And be careful of the meal portions. That's how I started out.

Good luck.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Green chocolate peanut butter power smoothie

Spinach - Raw, 2 cup
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein Shake-Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1 Scoop
    So Delicious - Original Coconut Milk, 1 cup
    Water 1 cup
    Kj Banana - Kj Medium Banana 125g=400, 1 banana (125 g)
    Adams - 100% Natural Peanut Butter Crunchy, 1 tablespoons
    Blueberries - Raw, 1 cup
    Raley's Bulk Bin - Vanilla Soy Protein Powder, 1/8 Cup