Want to try new foods

Options
I'm sure this has been asked a million and one times but I am trying to not only change the way I eat but my whole family in general. To me this isn't a diet, this is a new way and a better chance to live life.

We as a family (myself included) want to change from white bread but it seems we can not find a bread we really like. Wheat isn't for the kids, nor is whole grain. Is there any other type of bread out there that would taste just as good as white but much healthier?

Is there things your kids like that I might try on mine that don't seem like they are really eating healthy things but they are. Granted my kids are now teens but it's harder now for them to try new things than when they where 2, lol.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    what? aww man. I cannot stand white bread. As a child, my family had to buy a wheat loaf just for me because they all wanted white. I can't imagine not enjoying wheat. :(
  • kilndoc
    Options
    Breads in general seem to be a bane of my existence. I LOVE breads of all kinds, but I simply cannot afford all the sodium that it brings along.

I was in the supermarket yesterday and spent some time reading the bread labels. I was astonished to find Sara Lee's Whole Grain White bread was HANDS DOWN healthier than any of the other breads in that aisle....and had 1/2 the sodium.

I took it home and, other than toasting a little darker, my kids cannot tell the difference.

Good Luck.
  • elyseology
    elyseology Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nature's own whitewheat bread is pretty good. low in calories and tricks the kiddos into thinking its white bread. :wink:
  • jeanie✰
    Options
    i don't know if you've tried this or not, but my little cousins HATE regular wheat bread, doesn't matter what kind (honey, whole grain, etc). however, i buy these http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/ and they loooooooooooooooove them! maybe you could try them out on the kids!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Sara lee makes a 45 calorie bread and I do believe they have it in whole grain white. I love the multi-grain 45 calorie bread... Maybe your children don't like the texture? Sara lee 45 is so soft! I love it. If you bought it and that's all they had to choose from, they'd eat it and learn to like it .... My family did :)
  • eorlvr79
    Options
    Delmonte makes a fruit chiller tube that is pretty much like a pop ice but has real fruit in it. It's really sweet and only has 55 calories. They come in strawberry, grape, or cherry. They are by the fruit cups at the store. You freeze them at home. I love them!
  • soifua
    Options
    Sara lee makes a 45 calorie bread and I do believe they have it in whole grain white. I love the multi-grain 45 calorie bread... Maybe your children don't like the texture? Sara lee 45 is so soft! I love it. If you bought it and that's all they had to choose from, they'd eat it and learn to like it .... My family did :)

this would probably make your family happy ... unless you want to go and try lots of different kinds of loaves, this even looks like white bread, but it says it's white wheat
  • MB4ever
    Options

I was in the supermarket yesterday and spent some time reading the bread labels. I was astonished to find Sara Lee's Whole Grain White bread was HANDS DOWN healthier than any of the other breads in that aisle....and had 1/2 the sodium.

I took it home and, other than toasting a little darker, my kids cannot tell the difference.

Good Luck.

I will defiantly try this out this weekend. So new to this stuff that I didn't realize whole grain came in white bread. Would be awesome if they loved it. Thanks so much!