Don't accuse me of starving myself! Like, seriously.

skinnyhopes
skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
To my jealous cousin :

I ABSOLUTELY HATE it when stupid people think starvation is the only way to lose weight. It drives me nuts. Like seriously, grab a science book and read the effin way the metabolism works. It's not my problem you always accuse me of straving myself. I mean have you seen my house? It has more food than a freaking supermarket, and we run out every week. Shoot,I eat more than you and I still lose weight. Don't be jealous because it includes pizza and ice cream.

My skinny cousin only had 4 slices of pizza from Little Caesars and half a small slice of lemon cake today and thinks thats a lot of food. ( she told me) ( and shes accusing me of me of barely eating?)

Gosh, seriously.

& to contradict this

once she saw me eating ALOT of junk and she was like, " OMG, i seriously dont get how you can eat that much junk food and lose weight. Are you bulimic or something. Cause I heard demi lovato was bulimic on ET today and thats how she got skinny."

Seriously, just wow.
Like did you just like say that.

Oh and my sister is also losing weight. She accuses her of the same exact thing. Why do people have to be soooo freaking mean to each other. Cmon now!
When my other cousin lost weight, she accuses her of so many things like straving and things I just to even wanna say. I mean this girl works hard and she eats healthy and everything and it just makes me so mad that my stupid jealous cousin cant even be nice to anyone who is/has lost weight.

anyways, she can go eat her freaking pizza now.

To summarize: Lame, Jealous, Mean, and did I already mention jealous?

*Any advice?

-edited for spelling errors

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I'm so lost, but good luck
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yeah. They are awful and good for you for editing for spelling.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    WELCAME TO OUR SITE
  • I agree!!! Whenever I feel tired or fatigued, my coworkers always accuse me of not eating enough, even when they have no idea what I've eaten!

And when people offer me unhealthy foods (example: cookies) and I say no thanks, they say things like, "oh my God, you don't eat," or "why do you starve yourself?" Just because I make healthy choices, this means I'm starving myself?? REALLY??

Oh well. It's ignorance.
  • People like your cousin need to get a freakin' life! Avoid her at all costs, she's not worth making an effort for. You look great!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    I understand you're venting but just know everyones metabolism is different. Don't flaunt it. It's not a good look. If you can eat all you want and lose weight/ maintain it, thats awesome! If people are doubting your eating habits, that's their issue. Don't feed into it! Just make sure you don't come down on others.
  • Ignore your cousin. Focus on your goal, and don't let anyone detract you from it.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Like, seriously? You need to like seriously stop posting the words "like" and "seriously."
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    I am SO thankful I have a very supportive family (extended included). However, I am completely convinced that I'm the black sheep. :laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    OMG, haters gonna hate. you just like need to be your own person.

Just tell your cousin that you are your own person and you gonna eat whatever you want to eat to stay fit. Don't listen to that whack.
    Dang!
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    I agree!!! Whenever I feel tired or fatigued, my coworkers always accuse me of not eating enough, even when they have no idea what I've eaten!

And when people offer me unhealthy foods (example: cookies) and I say no thanks, they say things like, "oh my God, you don't eat," or "why do you starve yourself?" Just because I make healthy choices, this means I'm starving myself?? REALLY??

Oh well. It's ignorance.

My partner gets that alot. He's a body builder, and is criticised by his friends for his diet. When they say "oh my god, why don't you live a little" "why are you punishing yourself?" he just tells them that he has self control, can stick to his goals, and is healthier than any of them, and if they have an issue with it, they can F* off. :)
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    I agree!!! Whenever I feel tired or fatigued, my coworkers always accuse me of not eating enough, even when they have no idea what I've eaten!

Oh well. It's ignorance.

This has always annoyed me! Even when I wasn't trying to lose weight if I declined junk food people would accuse me of being on a diet. It's called being healthy!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    cool story
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    That's nothing! I've been accused of smoking crack!
  • is that you in your pic? because you are already skinny if it is!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Like, seriously? You need to like seriously stop posting the words "like" and "seriously."

What was the point of posting that?

It was rude and uncalled for.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Can understand the frustration, As a very big chick - When i knock back, the so called junk food - Im looked at as a freak.
    If i buy, the so called junk food or do a take out - then i get those smaller and some times larger folks thinking the same thing.

Maybe my age but, Im at a point - Where Im not going to give a toss, how they think, its how i think thats important.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Maybe my age but, Im at a point - Where Im not going to give a toss, how they think, its how i think thats important.

Bingo!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member

*Any advice?

Lift Weights. Ignore Jealous Cousin.
This discussion has been closed.