Plastic Surgery?

Options
Just wondering if anyone on here has had plastic surgery, or considering it?

I had a tummy tuck when 4 years ago, I did this not because I was overweight but because I had A LOT of excess skin, I also need muscle repair as they had separated.

I have had another two children since having my TT, and although the tuck was not undone in the slightest I am considering more surgery to get rid of stretch marks. I want a thigh lift and a breast uplift, but I want to get to my ideal weight first so that I am not left with excess skin after I get to my goal.

Any stories from any posters out there?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i sometimes think if i won the lottery i migh thave my a boob job. there wasnt much to start with, but now i have lost weight its even worse!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking i MIGHT get a nose job when i am older (maybe 25ish). My nose isn't awful, but i just would like it to be smaller. :)

I am DEFINITELY getting my gums grafted though. I have spoken with my dentist, orthodontist, and periodontist about this. They all said I don't need it (and probably never will), but it really bothers me xD Keep in mind I have a creepy obsession with teeth (thus why I have 3 ppl who work on my teeth...)

I would suggest getting what you want done, but just be very careful and speak to a few surgeons etc >_< I heard that it is better to get breast implants than a breast lift though...I think it had something to do with being less invasive or it lasted longer? Maybe someone else knows the answer :)
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a boob job in the next few months, because I have Tuberous Breast Deformity. It's really pretty ugly and hurts my self esteem, and dresses and bras are never the right shape. Thankfully it's recognized by my insurance company :-)
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I'm thinking i MIGHT get a nose job when i am older (maybe 25ish). My nose isn't awful, but i just would like it to be smaller. :)

I am DEFINITELY getting my gums grafted though. I have spoken with my dentist, orthodontist, and periodontist about this. They all said I don't need it (and probably never will), but it really bothers me xD Keep in mind I have a creepy obsession with teeth (thus why I have 3 ppl who work on my teeth...)

I would suggest getting what you want done, but just be very careful and speak to a few surgeons etc >_< I heard that it is better to get breast implants than a breast lift though...I think it had something to do with being less invasive or it lasted longer? Maybe someone else knows the answer :)

I have ample bossoms so I wouldn't want an implant. I did at one point consider a reduction to make them smaller, and uplift to hold them in place and an implant to give them firmity. But I decided not to as I didn't want to appear plastic or be the talk of the office, the career I am venturing into they are very superficial and i believe it would hinder me. But now I have lost weight I am getting smaller boobs so would only need an uplift. :)
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind I have a creepy obsession with teeth (thus why I have 3 ppl who work on my teeth...)
    Wow, and here's me so phobic of the dentist I have a panic attack before I even get there! Actually having work done requires me to be unconscious.

If I have excess skin after losing weight then I'd look into getting that sorted but at the moment there's no part of me I'm unhappy enough with to risk surgery.
  • Dolcie89
    Dolcie89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a boob job as soon as i am financially able to! I used to be a full C since weight loss up and down my boobs are lucky to fill an A cup and it really affects my life, because I have really broad shoulders its even worse! No boyfriend can ever see me naked, hate going swimming etc! I cannot wait!!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When my tummy is flat if my excess skin does not go away I will get surgery on it but I am allergic to painkillers like codeine ect and can only take paracetamol so I am hoping that it goes away by itself
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck when i lost weight the first time around (i lost 7 1/2 stone when i was 26 - i'm 43 now). I've put on all the weight i lost back then as i lost it originally by crash dieting (very silly, i know!), but now i am being sensible and i am losing slowly. Anyway, i would love to get an inner thigh lift and reduction, under arm reduction, boob lift and midriff reduction - all due to excess skin. That's even BEFORE i've lost my weight again!! I dread to think what my body will look like once i have lost another 6 stone! :cry: