Greetings to all

Options
Thought I would say hi to group. Need to drop about 150 lbs. I am 48, male, 6'4" and just fed up with being large. I weigh in at about 370 right now, gonna be a long road.

Replies

• bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thought I would say hi to group. Need to drop about 150 lbs. I am 48, male, 6'4" and just fed up with being large. I weigh in at about 370 right now, gonna be a long road.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I count my 5lb increments as "battles" in my "war". Just think how many battles you get to win!

I started with only 40 - 45 to lose, but even with that, I could find it discouraging to consider how long it would take to reach target. Even now, I don't like clicking the button and getting the "If every day was like to day in 5 weeks you would..." 5 Weeks seems like a long time. I prefer to take my battles 5 pounds at a time.

At 150 to lose, maybe it takes you a couple of years to reach your goal. Remember, each week Does make a difference, both in your health adn your appearance. Good luck and keep up the fight!
  • mildrede40
    Options
    welcome:drinker:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :happy:
  • Newmein08
    Options
    Welcome,
    I joined last month; I too have a lot of weight to lose. I love to ride my bike. Last year I rode around 1600 miles. Unfortunately, I ate to make up for the exercise. This year I have already added weight lifting into my routine. I am hoping adding this in conjunction to eating better will be the difference for me. You might try riding a bicycle, as it is easy on the joints.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world.

My favorite Saying is “It’s always too Soon to Quit”
    David
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bob,
    You have come to a great site with lots of support. Good luck to you:flowerforyou: