Body Detoxification?????

Options
Has anyone ever done a total body cleanse? Im reading up on it & im interested to start a whole new healthy lifestyle change and would love to do one...my question is has anyone done one and did it do anything to you as far as actually help kick start your weight loss, did it make you feel yucky, make you go to the bathroom or anything weird? Thanks

Replies

• Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a total body cleanse? Im reading up on it & im interested to start a whole new healthy lifestyle change and would love to do one...my question is has anyone done one and did it do anything to you as far as actually help kick start your weight loss, did it make you feel yucky, make you go to the bathroom or anything weird? Thanks
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I really think body detoxes involving liquid fasts or only eating veggies or whatever the latest craze is is a waste of time. Your body has mechanisms of its own for cleaning out your body, and nothing helps more than eating healthy.
  • parvaneh
    Options
    i highly recommend getting "prescription for nutritional healing" as a reference book. i think a cleanse, done properly, can really benefit weight loss and flushing out the system. if you are going to do fasting or enemas as part of your cleanse, be sure to be honest with yourelf if you have a history with bulimia at all. 'cleansing' can often become an excuse to fall into purge mentality.

good luck and good health! :flowerforyou:
  • jbabchak
    Options
    I'm going to try the Vitamin C Detox Diet. You eat about 1200 calories a day (healthy high protein, high veggie meals) and add a lot of lemon water to the diet, as well as foods high in Vitamin C. My friend did it for 2 weeks and said she felt great and it was a good kickstart, but not something long term.
  • BeauPuppy
    Options
    Last year I fasted 2 days, a full 48 hours, drinking nothing but water (a LOT of water) and it really seemed to kick my weight loss into higher gear. I had already been watching my food intake, and had lost a few pounds but it seemed after that fast, the weight just dropped off. I lost about 35 pounds last year. I've put about 10 back on this year and am seriously thinking about a 48 hour fast again.

I could definitely tell a difference in the way my digestive system behaved for the better after this fast, (no gas, ibs or other such quirks) and I can tell it's getting back to the way it was before the fast, especially since the weight is coming back on. I can't cite anything scientific about what happened, I just know what happened with me.

If you do fast though, when you eat again the 1st time, just eat a small plain baked potato or something like that so as not to shock your system. :flowerforyou: