looking for info for those 5ft 4in around 140-145lbs

Options
For those that are within that range. What is your daily calorie intake set at and what has been your experience? I ask because I have hit a pateau recently. I was set at 1230/day and changed it to 1450/day because I thought it was too low. Although I found it hard to eat that much in a day as it was. I drink over 8 glasses of water a day, stay within my calories allowed, exercise daily. I know you will suggest inches but thats not really moving either. I do FEEL a change in my toning for sure but that is all that seems to be changing. Thanks in advance! ps exercise includes the 30DS at L3 D2 and walk daily from 30-75 min briskly depending on the day.

Replies

• nccolli9
    Options
    Im 5'3" 141 and my calories are set at 1200
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 143 lbs.. but I have no advice for you. I need some of my own really. I lost 4 lbs in 15 days and this week I've been the same weight all week.

My calories are set at 1200 with losing 2 lbs per week. I walk about 45-60 minutes per day and drink 6-8 cups of water.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I think as you have so little to lose you should maybe eat more!

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • cubbieblue10
    cubbieblue10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and just weighed in this morning at 141. My calorie goal from MFP is 1210 per day, but I don't feel guilty if I eat up to 1500. My original goal was 1200, but it recently adjusted because I had lost weight. I think being flexible with my food helps (at least mentally!).
  • Shanehneh
    Options
    Dogwhisperette-My wife was in that range for a long time. She changed her exercising from mostly cardio to mostly weight training and the pounds just fell off. I'm not sure about the science of it, but some people's bodies seem to react better to different types of exercise.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 147 lbs. I think the 1200 MFP gave me initially was too low and things stalled a little. The tool for BMR said it should be at least 1357, so I've set it higher to 1400, this week. Scale started to move down a little more after I did that. How long have you been at your readjust calories. I might take a little bit for your body to be happy again with the calories being enough for it to realize you're not "starving" again. Don't forget to eat back up to 1450 (at least mostly) with the net cals.

I do Just Dance 2, EA Active 2, Wii FIt Plus, some gym and outdoor jogging. :)
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 144 (today). I lost 2 lb and gained 1 back. UGH. I hope this thread continues because this is exactly where I am.
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    I'm adding people from this thread (if you don't want to accept that's fine) because we are in the same height/weight zone!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    reading this with interest. Bump.
  • mama2pax
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I ate 1200 calories a day for 4 months, with the Biggest Loser, 30 Day Shred daily, and running C25K 3 - 4 x weekly. I lost 16 lbs, but then started almost passing out a couple of times a week. I couldn't even run a minute and a half straight by the 4th month, whereas I had gotten up to 20 minutes nonstop. I had no energy. My doctor told me that my calorie intake was way too low. She said for me to eat at least 1500 calories a day, and always eat my exercise calories.
  • sk3adik
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 143 lbs.. but I have no advice for you. I need some of my own really. I lost 4 lbs in 15 days and this week I've been the same weight all week.

My calories are set at 1200 with losing 2 lbs per week. I walk about 45-60 minutes per day and drink 6-8 cups of water.

You might want to purchase a 30-40 oz bottle, jug or container. It helps me consume water, and keep it cold, because cold water helps you feel full. I used to not drink water much, now I drink 3-5 of 33.8 oz water bottle. If you are struggling to drink more than enough water, try to sip instead.. It helps your food breakdown faster because of liquid (think of blender).
  • susioryan
    Options
    I am 5" 4" and 141.6 lbs (depending on the day) and I too have plateaued for months now. I was told to change my goal to .5 lbs loss a week, I do the 30 DS and run every other day and my calories are set at 1570. I drink 5 28 ounce bottles of water daily. Nothing is moving- no inches, no weight. Depressing, but I am thinking at least I am getting healthier and stronger even if my body doesn't want to change its shape...
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think as you have so little to lose you should maybe eat more!

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
    Thank you for the links! I found them very imformative.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 currently around 140 lbs, I haven't weighed myself in a while as I also hit a plateau and it depresses me not seeing the scales go down! Mine was set at 1000 a day I then changed it to 1200 as people kept telling me I wasn't eating enough but still I see no change :(
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"/5'4" and I had my calories set at 1200 until I hit 128 - 130 (my goal weight).
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I ate 1200 calories a day without exercise. Lost all the weight I wanted and am in maintenance now. If you exercise you need to eat your exercise calories also.
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    congrats to everyone who has met or is continuing to meet their goals.
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 143 lbs.. but I have no advice for you. I need some of my own really. I lost 4 lbs in 15 days and this week I've been the same weight all week. My calories are set at 1200 with losing 2 lbs per week. I walk about 45-60 minutes per day and drink 6-8 cups of water.
    You might want to purchase a 30-40 oz bottle, jug or container. It helps me consume water, and keep it cold, because cold water helps you feel full. I used to not drink water much, now I drink 3-5 of 33.8 oz water bottle. If you are struggling to drink more than enough water, try to sip instead.. It helps your food breakdown faster because of liquid (think of blender).
    I have one.. thank you for the help.. I definitely know I need to drink more water. I will start using my jug again. Just hate lugging it around all day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller at 5'5. When I reached about 140, I upped my calories to around 1500 (and exercise calories - so typically about 1800 total) for a half pound a week loss. I think I was at 1350 or 1400 before that. Usually, I lost a half pound a week, sometimes nothing, sometimes more, but averaging a half pound a week. I also changed my macro settings to give myself more protein. I try to go over 100g protein daily. It really boosted my energy level... I felt so much better when exercising. Able to switch from pushups from knees to pushups from toes, didn't want to dry doing crunches, running longer and faster, etc.

Once I reached my initial goal of 135, I stayed at 1500, but only logged Monday through Friday, allowing myself a little more freedom on weekends. And for the next month, I lost 4.5 pounds. :smile: After that, I upped the calories a bit more, and pretty much maintained for the past month, losing one pound, which is right on track since I was only set to lose .2 pounds a week..

Now, starting this week, I'm back to 1500 M-F, because I'd like to drop about 3-4 pounds before my Halloween party. :happy:
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    I'm a little taller at 5'5. When I reached about 140, I upped my calories to around 1500 (and exercise calories - so typically about 1800 total) for a half pound a week loss. I think I was at 1350 or 1400 before that. Usually, I lost a half pound a week, sometimes nothing, sometimes more, but averaging a half pound a week. I also changed my macro settings to give myself more protein. I try to go over 100g protein daily. It really boosted my energy level... I felt so much better when exercising. Able to switch from pushups from knees to pushups from toes, didn't want to dry doing crunches, running longer and faster, etc.

Once I reached my initial goal of 135, I stayed at 1500, but only logged Monday through Friday, allowing myself a little more freedom on weekends. And for the next month, I lost 4.5 pounds. :smile: After that, I upped the calories a bit more, and pretty much maintained for the past month, losing one pound, which is right on track since I was only set to lose .2 pounds a week..

Now, starting this week, I'm back to 1500 M-F, because I'd like to drop about 3-4 pounds before my Halloween party. :happy:

so you eat more to lose? wow.. I'd be afraid to gain lol