Switching gears

anembellishment
anembellishment Posts: 34
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I woke up this morning and weighed myself ~weighing much more than I have ever weighed in my life.

Faced with the need to lose 38 pounds, I began the day swearing I'd fast and excercise. Well 30 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes of Pilates showed me even more how I must commit to this.

But my fast broke at 1 p.m. with a little peanut butter. Thankfully, I stopped and maintained control. So, I instead posted my first meal and recommitted.

Finding this site is a Godsend and will keep me honest and committed. I look forward to working with all of you and successfully tackling these unwanted pounds!

Replies

• I woke up this morning and weighed myself ~weighing much more than I have ever weighed in my life.

Faced with the need to lose 38 pounds, I began the day swearing I'd fast and excercise. Well 30 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes of Pilates showed me even more how I must commit to this.

But my fast broke at 1 p.m. with a little peanut butter. Thankfully, I stopped and maintained control. So, I instead posted my first meal and recommitted.

Finding this site is a Godsend and will keep me honest and committed. I look forward to working with all of you and successfully tackling these unwanted pounds!
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Welcome here. Just make sure that you eat all those calories, and all those excersize calories too! Thats what will enable you to lose weight at a faster pace. Good Luck YoU CaN Do It
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.