Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Thank u for this post :) I've been getting impatient >_<
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And consider that those 8 months are going to come and go regardless so if all I can manage to lose is 2 pounds a month, 16 pounds lost is better than if I did nothing at all. Of course, I'm hoping for better results than that, but just pointing out that any loss is still progress.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Thanks ya'll for the inspiration!
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you I have played with losing and gaining 2 pounds for the last 2 weeks and was so upset.
    But this gives me hope. The scales are realy not always the big picture. Thank all of you for your support.
    When sometimes you don't know the person your words still are uplifting.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, and is just a number anyways, much better to go by how you look in the mirror and how you feel
  • dannylives
    Options
    What does "linear" mean?
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ...and the time is going to pass anyway, so what to do with it??
  • dannylives
    Options
    I'm gonna workout right now.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Done working out. Gonna try and take this all the way to April and reach my goal.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Took me 8 months to lose 25 pounds.. and I have at least another 5 to go. if not 10 or 15. It will prob. take me a good few months to get it off, but its worth it.
  • dannylives
    Options
    That's what Im talking about! You rule, thanks!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It took me 6/7 months to lose 16 lbs. It was such a slow process that no one noticed I've lost weight. :laugh:
  • Acg67
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, and is just a number anyways, much better to go by how you look in the mirror and how you feel

linear means that there will be times where you plateau and other times where you may lose a bunch in a week despite eating at consistent deficit.

slow and steady wins the race, no need to have monster deficits or anything. eat foods you like, lift heavy and you'll have the body you want eventually. don't neglect lifting and overdo cardio or you could end up being the dreaded skinny fat
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Took me 8 months to lose 25 pounds.. and I have at least another 5 to go. if not 10 or 15. It will prob. take me a good few months to get it off, but its worth it.
    Same. The closer you are to your goal, the slower it is.
  • dannylives
    Options

linear means that there will be times where you plateau and other times where you may lose a bunch in a week despite eating at consistent deficit.

slow and steady wins the race, no need to have monster deficits or anything. eat foods you like, lift heavy and you'll have the body you want eventually. don't neglect lifting and overdo cardio or you could end up being the dreaded skinny fat

"Skinny fat" I think I might know what that means. I totally dont want that. I want abs like yours man, give me info!
  • dannylives
    Options
    It took me 6/7 months to lose 16 lbs. It was such a slow process that no one noticed I've lost weight. :laugh:

Awesome Cotton!
  • Acg67
    Options

"Skinny fat" I think I might know what that means. I totally dont want that. I want abs like yours man, give me info!

if you don't lift regularly start, and if you're a beginner go for an established program like Ripptoe's Starting strength. try and hit at least 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass (body weight * (100- body fat %), .45 g of fat per lb of body weight and fill in the rest of your calories how you please.

treat abs like any other muscle group, train them 1-2 times a week, preferably with using weights (only after you've built up some core strength)

don't worry about the number on the scale but how you look in the mirror, take measurements and track those (waist, arms, neck, etc)
  • dannylives
    Options
    k
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder! I keep trying to tell myself this. I've been on this journey for 3 1/2 months and have managed to lose 40 lbs. Even though I know my body is changing I still have trouble seeing that when looking in the mirror. I just need to keep reminding myself that I didn't get this way overnight. It's been a process over my entire life. I have an opportunity to go to the gym for free at the university I attend, but I have no idea how to lift weights and non of my friends know how to either lol, so I just do what I can at home.
  • dannylives
    Options
    40 pounds is awesome! I haven't been consistent enough to pull that off, good job.