Risk

Options
Just my own personal food for thought....
I began this weight loss step out of desperation. I had just begun to realize that the price I was paying to continue eating the way I was, was way too high. For me, I noticed I was a very distracted and impatient mother. I saw myself getting more and more out of control because I had neither the time nor the energy to discipline myself. I started to wonder what kind of lives I was training my children to live. My body was beginning to rebel against what I was doing to it. I was not sleeping well, most of the time in a recliner because I could not take the pain in my lower back well enough to sleep in my bed. Routine housework would sometimes cause me so much discomfort.
This was no way to live. I was consumed with both the fear of living and the fear of gaining more weight. I had a friend who was in the same condition, but she had the courage to attend a few program meetings. I had to discover my own courage and I found a wonderful community of friends here online. Now, I have the courage to move forward and to begin my healthy journey.
I am so thankful to God, who made me realize that I could move through the fear I had about living. I accept that fear may be in my life, but God is stronger than anything I fear. I move forward today trusting God to draw me to my highest good. I know that growth comes with action and I am willing to risk moving through the fear into positive action. I am doing this one day at a time.

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
Anais Nin

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    fear of gaining more weight

That may be the key for me right there. I never feared the weight before. Now that I'm over 50 it is a threat to my life!

The risk for me is in not doing anything about it.