OK MFP women:

What do you do the week before "that time" to help with the cravings and wanting to eat everything in site? It is deff to late for me this time to make adjustments but I would like ideas/thoughts/tips for next month so I dont feel like I gain 10lbs in a week like I do this week! Thanks for the tips!

Replies

• Nothing the week before, but to satisfy that chocolate craving ... Diet hot chocolate (2 packets) with light cool whip... fiber one brownies ... 1 Ghirardelli square (70 calories) ...
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    I always eat a bit too much. I try to stay away from salty foods, so that at least I don't add more water retention than I already get. I've also discovered that I like hot cocoa for my chocolate cravings. I have a cup at night, after dinner, and sip it slowly.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    me, nothing....cause I'm so lucky not to have TOM........
  • I too have those cravings and I give in to them sometimes. I just don't over indulge with it.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I don't. I had a tubal ligation and then I had a procedure that burned/froze my ovaries, so no worries here ever again.
  • my snackie foods are things like 5 or 10 calorie sugar free jello packs.... chocolate is 50 or 60 calorie sugar free pudding. I eat more snack like than meal like so i feel like I'm constantly eating which is what I want to do during TOM...

for instance... breakfast I have Thomas nooks and crannies english muffin with I can't believe its not butter spray
    then in a little bit i'll eat a banana
    then in a little bit i'll eat a some jello
    then in a little bit i'll eat a sandwich for lunch
    then i'll eat my chips
    then i'll eat my pudding or another fruit
    then i'll eat whatever for dinner (chicken and whatever side or whatever I'm eating)
    then i'll eat another piece of fruit or another jello or pudding

eat lightly but constantly eat is how I work during my TOM... Also another trick that has helped me is I can't drink straight water during my TOM, don't know why - just can't however water is very filling.... So get you some crystal light or something in whatever flavor you like and put it in it.... its 5-10 calories per 8oz so its not much at all! This encourages me to drink and also gives me the hand to mouth fix ;)

HTH!
  • also don't forget about your skinny cow treats if you are a ice cream lover... their chocolate is pretty good too! I prefer their ice cream... mint fudge cone is TO DIE FOR!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Im having this problem today its my first day and I just want to eat, im tierd and crancy and horrid with it, being a single mum as well im trying not to just raid the kids snacks haha.
  • okay last post... this sounds awful but it tastes AMAZING...

crush 10 pretzels, put jello on top, then 4 tbsp (frozen) whipped cream on top - perfect sweet/salty treat! DELISH! 165 calorie treat (I often eat it as my lunch during my TOM) YUMMO!
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Im having this problem today its my first day and I just want to eat, im tierd and crancy and horrid with it, being a single mum as well im trying not to just raid the kids snacks haha.

I wish it would only be like that on day 1 I am like that the entier week before at the moment I think my husband wants to run away lol!
  • MHackrott
    okay last post... this sounds awful but it tastes AMAZING...

crush 10 pretzels, put jello on top, then 4 tbsp (frozen) whipped cream on top - perfect sweet/salty treat! DELISH! 165 calorie treat (I often eat it as my lunch during my TOM) YUMMO!

That does sound pretty good...I dont really crave chocolate just junk food...chips and dips, pizza, or anything else I dont normally eat...giving into 1 craving wont kill me but I gave into all of them this month and I am so upset with myself and just need to find away to not get the bad food and stay with my good for me yet satisfying snack food!
  • MHackrott
    also don't forget about your skinny cow treats if you are a ice cream lover... their chocolate is pretty good too! I prefer their ice cream... mint fudge cone is TO DIE FOR!

Ice cream is one of my down falls I try to do fro yo but I do like the skinny cows as well ;)
  • MHackrott
    I too have those cravings and I give in to them sometimes. I just don't over indulge with it.

My problem this time was I gave in to ALL Cravings! I just couldnt stop! Today I eat my healthy foods only! I win not the cravings!
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    I find that if I try my hardest to eat raw/un-processed foods as much as possible, especially before that TOTM, then I don't get those crazy cravings. I've also been freezing cut up bananas and dipping the chucks in peanut butter. It kinda reminds me of ice-cream. :happy:
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member

I wish it would only be like that on day 1 I am like that the entier week before at the moment I think my husband wants to run away lol!

Im lucky only have the kids about to annoy lol
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    I'm jotting down notes, like an excited little girl!....

Who cares about the search button? It's overrated, right?
  • MHackrott
    I find that if I try my hardest to eat raw/un-processed foods as much as possible, especially before that TOTM, then I don't get those crazy cravings. I've also been freezing cut up bananas and dipping the chucks in peanut butter. It kinda reminds me of ice-cream. :happy:

What a delishes idea!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Cravings. I just spare some extra calories for the day for a chocolate craving or whatever it is I am craving. Fit it into your count.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I have found catching rabbits with my teeth helps me stave off cravings. *Bonus* I can count it as exercise.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    I have found catching rabits with my teeth helps me stave off cravings. *Bonus* I can count it as exercise.

That tip is going at the top of my list!

You are so smart :)