I've lost 30 pounds in 2 months

I havn't been in here to much lately but I've been doing really well on my own. I want to thank everyone you all have helped me so much and I couldn't have got started without you! I'm so proud of myself and I'm still kickin butt!

I've lost 30 pounds and 2 inches everywhere YAY! I went from almost a size 20 to a size 14! So awesome

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    I havn't been in here to much lately but I've been doing really well on my own. I want to thank everyone you all have helped me so much and I couldn't have got started without you! I'm so proud of myself and I'm still kickin butt!

I've lost 30 pounds and 2 inches everywhere YAY! I went from almost a size 20 to a size 14! So awesome
  • come on share your secrets. that is awesome. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: i want some of your motivation!!!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Yeah...come on... SPILL THE BEANS !!!!!! :laugh:
    We ALL wanna know how you managed that one :laugh: - the most I lost in 2 months was 21lbs, and that was going some!

Well done :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Good for you. That is awesome. Keep up the good work

Now I'm not trying to dampen your mood. But don't get discouraged if the next 30 pounds takes twice as long as the first. I lost 15 in my first month and the next 15 took me 3 months. The more you lose the slower it comes off. But like I said, don't get discouraged, keep plugging away and it will all eventually come off.

Congradulations.:drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Congrats! Please do spill the beans!!! I would love to know how you did it!
  • mellymlk
    Oh I wont get discouraged at all. I also have a plan that keeps me from plateauing! I know why I lost so much weight at first! I was fat and unhealthy so my body was like heck yea shes movin lol

Well I would love to help you all this is gonna take a minute though : )

First off I had a HUGE addiction to food. Every commercial I saw I about died cuz it looked so good.
    The first week was the hardest quitting my old habbits.

I started by throwing away any tempting foods I had in the house! You have to cut out all the crap until you can have control over what you eat. Once you do then you can start adding the other stuff a little if you really want to. Chances are you wont want to though.

I then instead of seeing something and saying mmmm that looks sooo good I would tell myself ick that is nasty. You know the placebo effect. It really helped. I convened myself that I only needed food to help me have energy and not be hungry. So I didn't binge anymore. I would just pass it up if I couldn't help it I would come to the forums here and post about it and that made me not wanna binge. I stopped drinking pop at first I would have crystal light instead of pop.

I used the calorie counter on this site in the beginning. It helped sooo much. Made me realize how much I was eating. I don't need it anymore though I'm trained at what I can eat : )
    When I was eating I would be like you know what I don't need that sauce, hey I don't need the cheese either and cutting things like that out all added up.

Ok so that's the food and now for the exercise.

I usually go to the mall every morning with my toddlers before it opens and walk around for some extra exercise. I always do the little things because they add up and make my gym time even better.

I do weights 2 days cardi 1 day then weights 2 days then cardio and so on.
    I don't stay on one machine. I'll do the elliptical for 30 minutes then something else for another 30. I push myself because I know how freaking good I'm gonna feel when I'm done. Plus I reward myself with the sauna if I workout for at least 1 hour. Some nights after my workout I'll even go for a swim for another 20 30 minutes.

When I do my weights I'm always doing something new and working different muscles. Burn more calories that way and it makes my body not get used to what I'm doing.

Ok I could go on and on forever but I wont : )

YOU ALL CAN DO IT! You just have to stick to it and not giv up!
  • mellymlk
    Also I LOVE going to the gym now! OHHHH and the number one things that helped me was I NEVER put myself down. If I ate something bad even for a whole day I would say oh well I'll just work hardr at the gym and not do it again tomorrow! I never put it in my mind that I was so bad for not working out or for eating that food and then give up! That's what helped me soooo much was not beating myself up
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Excellent work! Keep at it!
  • great job keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Great job! Andd good tips as well. THANKS!
  • Congrats! That's great!
    I also have a tip about something you said. You said you quit drinking pop. I haven't had pop in more than a year and that alone helped me loose weight; I didn't exercise at all. I went from almost 150 to about 135 in a year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!