do you cleanse??

Options
I was thinking about doing some sort of cleanse to clean me after after the holiday. does anyone suggest anything? I did the hydroycut 7 day cleanse when i started on Dec 1st. Just wondered if their were better ones......:glasses:

Replies

• amccarville
    Options
    I was thinking about doing some sort of cleanse to clean me after after the holiday. does anyone suggest anything? I did the hydroycut 7 day cleanse when i started on Dec 1st. Just wondered if their were better ones......:glasses:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you would be better off just drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruits and veggies and no refine sugar for a week than doing some sort of cleanse. Plus you would save some $$.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you would be better off just drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruits and veggies and no refine sugar for a week than doing some sort of cleanse. Plus you would save some $$.

Ditto! Anna is absolutely right, now if only I could put it into practice myself, hmmm, I wonder :noway: :laugh:
  • missfitnc
    Options
    I agree with Anna Banana, and I would like to add the best way to cleanse is to eliminate the following for 2-6 weeks:
    Wheat
    Dairy
    Alcohol
    Caffeine
    Red meat
    Refined sugar
    The best way to do this is to gradually eliminate these items over a few days. Going cold turkey could put you in a bad mood! Add lots of vegetables consisting of raw and cooked, whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, millet etc), fish, chicken (organic or hormone free, if you can). Stay away from juices (high in sugar), and have some fresh fruit.
    Stay away from fads, pills, potions, powders and stick with natural foods to give your liver, pancreas, kidneys and other organs a rest from the high sugar, fat and alcohol from the holidays. These pills and potions are not regulated and who knows what they can do to your body. Plus, you won't have to worry about wearing a diaper. ;)

I hope this helps.
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    Actually, I am currently on a 10-day herbal cleanse right now. I only do them once every six months or so.

But I do agree with what was already posted - up your water, cut out sugar and high fat items, and up your fiber intake.

As for me, I use Advocare products. That's the brand of cleanse I'm on. But I like their multivitamins and their energy drink called Spark. The herbal cleanse is supposed to safely clean out your system. Don't know if it works or not - it just makes me feel better knowing I'm trying to do something good!