Walk Away the Pounds ?

Options
Anybody here doing Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVDs? I'm trying to figure out how to track this type of workout. I have been selecting the 4mph walk under cardio, but I don't want to overestimate. I don't think the 3.0mph selection is the right choice either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Get a good HRM with a chest strap --- anything else is really just a guess.
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do her video's and I track them as 4.0 walking, unless it's a fast mile and then I do 4.5. If it's a 15 minute mile do 4.0, if it's faster than that do 4.5. You can also log it as low impact aerobics, but it's the same as walking 4.0. I love her videos and usually I feel like I get more out of 30 min with her than I do out of a 30 min walk. Best of luck to you.
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion...thanks!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use the 4 and 5 mile dvds, but I use my HRM to track... However, if you know how many minutes each mile is you could try tracking under walking....Such as 13 minutes per mile or something like that...
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i use the amount of time it takes to complete a mile. if it's 12 min/mile i use 5mph, if it's 15 min/mile then i use 3mph etc
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I LOVE her dvds!! I log mine as aerobics. She has "boosted" walks and I log those workouts as general aerobics. For the ones without, I had it as low impact aerobics. I used to have them set to the mph but it was way too high according to some of friend with HRM who were doing the same workouts and who weighed as much as I did. And another thing when I was logging her walks as 12mins a mile and got on a treadmill to do 5mph- I had to run with my short self. 3.5mph is at a jogging pace for me, so logging it as aerobics was much better since you're doing more than just walking to her videos. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I go by how many miles in however many minutes...meaning her Walk Slim has a 10 min. mile (you're jogging a lot in this one)..so that would be 6 mph (because 6 x 10=60)..her 12 min mile would be considered walking 5 mph..etc... hope this helps! :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    MY favorite workout(s)!!! I even found them on our local cable ON DEMAND menu- SO psyched !!!

I log it individually because she incorporates the stretching and cool downs

and she increases the speed/intensity of the walk by adding the weights/band/arm movements, etc.
    so it's more than the simple walk around the block,

so, until I get a HRM, I've been logging it as a brisk walk less the 5 minutes warm up/cool down/stretching

Not sure how accurate I am but I'm steadily losing so I *assume* I'm guessing well?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    They're a great low impact way to start exercising. I started my weight loss journey using those DVD's. Though you really will want to look at getting a heart rate monitor - after doing them a few days it doesn't get your heart rate up that much.
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks atucker_mom! I actually feel like I get a better workout with her videos than walking, too. Especially, if the outdoors walking is on flat terrain.

Thanks everyone...this is all good information!