No change since May! Help!

Help! I have lost no weight or inches since May! I was slowly plodding along, went on vacation, gained back a few pounds and have been stuck there ever since. I tried eating exercise calories, not eating exercise calories, and bumping up my baseline calories. About three weeks ago I put the scale away and decided to make a more conscious effort to build muscle. Well, I have become stronger and I do see some new muscle in my back, but my numbers have all remained the same. Most of my excess weight is in my belly. It is unsightly and unhealthy! Any advice or feedback I can get is greatly appreciated. My diary is open if you'd like to see it. I'm not perfect by any means, but am a constant work in progress!

Oh and for workouts, I take a BodyPump(cardio with weights) class twice a week, lift weights on Wedsdays, do couch 2 5k on tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I also walk during my morning and afternoon breaks at work (15 minutes each) and usually take some sort of walk on the weekends as well.

Thanks!

Replies

• i would add in 1 more weight lifting day... it will help increase your metabolism.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    try zig zagging calories, there is a website that calculates how to zig zag calories i forget what it is but u can google it im sure. that will trick your body somewhat and you might drop a few pounds.

also you sound pretty disciplined in your workouts. i would think your body is used to your calorie intake and workout schedule. try switching these up. do different workouts, or less workouts one week and more the next week, etc. just keep your body guessing. that helps it burn more fat. eventually our bodies just get used to less calories and exercise. i would try switching up your foods, calorie goals and workout routines and see if that helps.

also if you're doing more weight training it might be causing you to gain muscle which isn't going to help the scale go down, so don't only go by the scale, go by how your clothes are fitting or something like that!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Just a glance, but it seems like you are eating foods with a lot of added sugars. I notice fast food at least once a day as well. Can you try to bring food with you like apples and almonds? Frozen vegetables are really easy to prep, as well as frozen chicken and fish portions. It only takes me 5-7 minutes in the morning to prep my lunches and throw them in tupperwares for the day. You should read a book called "Clean Eating"...maybe the library has it. Another pretty good book for beginners is "This is Why You're Fat." All the exercise in the world won't help you until you get your nutrition under control. And you have to really understand the process of digestion first.