Alcohol and Weddings

Options
So this weekend is a doozy - my best friend is getting married!! I've been doing pretty well with my nutrition, but I'm worried about the reception! Any ideas on alcoholic drinks? (I am in the No Soda September Challenge and would like to keep it like that) Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanks!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Cabernet is around 90 calories per 4 oz. I had a white recently that according to the database was less. Do a google search on this topic, I'm sure there's a quick list some where.
  • sszamota
    Options
    Vodka and soda with a lemon or lime.... it is only 60-80 cals depending on vodka brand.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Honestly for a wedding of your best friend - I'd say to just enjoy the day. Know that its a splurge day - your best friend theoretically only gets married once. So you can bet you'll get pulled into toasts, doing shots here and there, etc.

Red wine and unfiltered beer are usually good alcoholic choices (by unfiltered I mean still has dregs on the bottom).
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The food will hands down kill you even if you avoid dessert so I don't think alcohol is going to be your problem. After all, the only "evil" alcoholic drinks are blended ones and you won't find those at a wedding unless its destination-style.

It's your best friend, enjoy one night and don't count. Try to work out pre-hair styling early in the morning and then dance your butt off later and you'll be fine. Avoid the scale the next day or 2 so that you don’t freak out on the extra lbs of undigested food and sodium/water retention in your system.

Either that or drink till you puke, then you’ll lose weight!*

*It’s supposed to be a joke but actually I got sick mid-bachelorette, still had a killer time before and again after when I felt better and woke up the next day 2 lbs less – guess that Chinese food we had for dinner had no effect, sweet! ;)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Its a wedding. you are working hard. Play hard.
    I recommend shots, beer, cake, good food.
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Vodka & Cranberry
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I was just a bridesmaid for my college room mates wedding, And I made that mistake. It was a great party, but that was a rough night trying to sleep.

Have fun and dance! It'll at least burn some of those calories.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    A) its the weekend B) your best friend, C) wedding = those calories don't count. I jest, but you are working hard and deserve some time to cut loose. Enjoy!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I was just a bridesmaid for my college room mates wedding, And I made that mistake. It was a great party, but that was a rough night trying to sleep.

You didn't make a mistake. You were just "that girl." And everyone loves a drunk at a wedding.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Honestly for a wedding of your best friend - I'd say to just enjoy the day. Know that its a splurge day - your best friend theoretically only gets married once. So you can bet you'll get pulled into toasts, doing shots here and there, etc.

Red wine and unfiltered beer are usually good alcoholic choices (by unfiltered I mean still has dregs on the bottom).

i agree.... work out before hand, enjoy yourself, and after the hangover, just start again!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

You didn't make a mistake. You were just "that girl." And everyone loves a drunk at a wedding.

She didn't necessarily say she was drunk or acted as such. Some people just have sensitive stomachs especially to what they drink. I had never had tequila before, it never occurred to me the slushy I was drinking has tequila in it. I was very happy and buzzed like everyone around me but never tipsy and doing dumb things like screaming in the street. A couple hours in I excused myself to the restroom, came back felt better and danced the night away (resisting more alcohol) and woke up skinnier then when I left. Win-win-win!
  • ckspores
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself and watch your portions. Personally, I wouldn't be tracking food or alcohol on the day of my best friend's wedding. I would drink one glass of water in between every drink and make sure I don't stuff myself silly with food and desserts.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    just dance all those calories away and it's a wash :wink:
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Thanks everyone!!! I'm pumped and all ready practicing my dance moves! :)) :drinker: :drinker: