Help! What Would You Do?

Options
It's 6:45 PM and I just got home from work. I need to leave again at 7:15 PM for a meeting. I will get home from the meeting by 9:00 PM. I'm not at all hungry. Do I:

A) Make myself eat my dinner (salad) quick before I leave for the meeting
B) Do I eat when I get home at 9:00 PM (which is barely 2 hours before I go to bed)
C) Skip dinner altogether

Also - I haven't had any vegetables yet because I was planning on having a big salad for dinner so if I do skip then I won't have had any veggies today. As pathetic as this seems, I'm actually getting so stressed about this, coupled with the fact that the jeans I just put on are so tight they're painful, I feel like just putting my nightgown on and skipping the meeting altogether!!! OCD much? :explode:

Replies

• tuxedo702
    Options
    It's 6:45 PM and I just got home from work. I need to leave again at 7:15 PM for a meeting. I will get home from the meeting by 9:00 PM. I'm not at all hungry. Do I:

B) Do I eat when I get home at 9:00 PM (which is barely 2 hours before I go to bed)

Also - I haven't had any vegetables yet because I was planning on having a big salad for dinner so if I do skip then I won't have had any veggies today. As pathetic as this seems, I'm actually getting so stressed about this, coupled with the fact that the jeans I just put on are so tight they're painful, I feel like just putting my nightgown on and skipping the meeting altogether!!! OCD much? :explode:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eat the salad! But avoid fatty toppings like cheese and croutons.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I would say A or something like A. Something light. By the time you sit in that meeting you will become famished and stressed...leading you to go home at 9 p.m. to binge on anything in site. I would take the easy way out.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A) Make a sald & take it to the meeting with you so you can perhaps eat it before or after,
  • sarah21
    sarah21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If your not hungry dont force yourself to eat, youll feel bsd about it...if your worried youll gain weight that is...just have something like juice b4 you go to bed, its good for you and it still has 50-110 calories if your drinking v-8 light juice.

btw, a question for the one comment, i use 30 calorie crutons that are flavored organic. & i dont ever use any other topping on my salad and i dont use dressing...should i still leave the crutons off and just eat the salad part?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

btw, a question for the one comment, i use 30 calorie crutons that are flavored organic. & i dont ever use any other topping on my salad and i dont use dressing...should i still leave the crutons off and just eat the salad part?

Do whatever you want! I get the feeling that you eat your salads this way because "dieting is supposed to be painful and full of rabbit food". If not and you just like it, then ignore me. But a lettuce and veggie only salad will get real old real fast. I mix is up using different things sometimes, like some shredded cheese, sometimes chic peas (high in calories but they are good for you) some chinese noodles, maybe some chicken. That's the great thing about salads, the possibilities are endless. Oh and they make a lot of great low cal dressings that are still good for you. As long as you are staying within your calories or close to it, have fun with your food and don't worry about what you're "supposed" to do.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I think you should eat the salad after the meeting since your not hungry now. Unless it is a taco salad filled with tons of calories, I don't think you should worry about eating two hours before bed. I may be wrong, but I have heard that it makes no difference how late you eat. Of course while your sleeping is the most inactive you'll be all day, but if you need X amount of calories to fuel your body in a day, does it really matter if the last few hundred come at the end of the day?
  • tuxedo702
    Options

Well, it's 9:15 PM and I'm back from my meeting. Did not eat the salad before because I just wasn't hungry decided I shouldn't force feed myself. But I'm still not hungry! (This is quite amazing because I'm usually quite a pig!! :laugh: ) So, I've decided to have a glass of soy milk and call it a night. Tomorrow's another day and I'll eat the salad then...

Thanks everybody for your help!!
  • sarah21
    Options
    well im super happy for you!
    wish i coud go that long an still not be hungry lol
    cheers on the soy milk, its all i drink, love it! :drinker:

sgw

116647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sarah21
    Options

Do whatever you want! I get the feeling that you eat your salads this way because "dieting is supposed to be painful and full of rabbit food". If not and you just like it, then ignore me. But a lettuce and veggie only salad will get real old real fast. I mix is up using different things sometimes, like some shredded cheese, sometimes chic peas (high in calories but they are good for you) some chinese noodles, maybe some chicken. That's the great thing about salads, the possibilities are endless. Oh and they make a lot of great low cal dressings that are still good for you. As long as you are staying within your calories or close to it, have fun with your food and don't worry about what you're "supposed" to do.

Thank you, and no im not sick of salads with just lettus, i like it as long as i have some crunchy crutons to go with it. I just got worried that i wouldnt be able to have even that cuz i didnt know they were suppose to be a fatty topping. Thank you for the ideas :wink:

sgw

116647.png
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    wish i coud go that long an still not be hungry lol

sgw

116647.png

Well, I'm pretty sure it was the bean burrito for lunch. Beans are very filling and I find it takes a long time before I'm hungry again. (But they also make me rather uncomfortable if you know what I mean...) I'm hoping they'll be easier to digest as my body gets more used to fiber.
  • sarah21
    Options
    yeah i dont eat beans anymore, just never thot it was something i needed. i like the rice burritos tho, yummy :tongue:

sgw :smokin:

116647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter