Calling All Volleyball Players

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Ok, so I played volleyball for over 10 years and I try to tell my friends that volleyball players have a whole different body shape a lot of the time. So I just wanted to see how many former or current volleyball players we have out here on MFP...represent, let's all be friends! LOL

Replies

• Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a former volleyball player!! To tell u the truth I miss it so much!!
  • Krys_T
    Options

Girl yes! I miss it sooo much too. Funny thing is, when I was playing volleyball, I like softball more. But now I miss that feeling of just spiking the hell out of a ball in someone's face Hahaha. It was such a great stess release LOL
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Girl yes! I miss it sooo much too. Funny thing is, when I was playing volleyball, I like softball more. But now I miss that feeling of just spiking the hell out of a ball in someone's face Hahaha. It was such a great stess release LOL

My sentiments exactly!!! I tried to research places in Atlanta that maybe does it for fun! NO LUCK so far!!! :(
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am a volleyball player and even at my weight I play about 3-4 nights a week most weeks. Sometimes weekends. I play B level co-ed quads.

Funny that I saw this post today....because tonight....for the first time in my life. I am playing a co-ed doubles league. I really have no business doing it....but I've always wanted to play doubles at least once, so I went for it. Now...I am under no illusion that we will place anywhere but last....LOL.
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh about 330 lbs. I am 46 years old. Even at this weight, I've never missed a season of organized sports. But, if I don't do something soon...I feel the stress on my joints and bones. :( I don't ever want to give up my sports though.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh about 330 lbs. I am 46 years old. Even at this weight, I've never missed a season of organized sports. But, if I don't do something soon...I feel the stress on my joints and bones. :( I don't ever want to give up my sports though.

That is awesome! Now I totally need to get off my butt and get it together LOL
  • Krys_T
    Options

My sentiments exactly!!! I tried to research places in Atlanta that maybe does it for fun! NO LUCK so far!!! :(

You know what...I was looking a few months back and I saw club teams but not much else...I must do some more research because that would be so much fun.
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    Yes do it...... We have sand courts and indoor around here and leagues are going at several places year round. Do you know if there are leagues in your area. If not, I'd be happy to check with the owners of the places I play to see if they have networking connections in your area? Also, our local YMCA's have leagues.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    volleyball is a huge passion of mine. i wish i could play more - but with two little munchkins, its not really possible! i do play one night a week in a bar league - SO FUN!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Yes do it...... We have sand courts and indoor around here and leagues are going at several places year round. Do you know if there are leagues in your area. If not, I'd be happy to check with the owners of the places I play to see if they have networking connections in your area? Also, our local YMCA's have leagues.

That would be awesome!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    volleyball is a huge passion of mine. i wish i could play more - but with two little munchkins, its not really possible! i do play one night a week in a bar league - SO FUN!

I love it! I would love to coach it someday!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We just started our Fall Sand Vball league! LOVE IT! I miss playing so much! It was the best time of my hs and college career! And yes smacking the crap out of the ball was a HUGE stress relief! :-)
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love volleyball and miss it! I've started looking into adult leagues! I haven't played since College. Best days of my life for sure! So much fun! Maybe when we move I'll look into it some more!!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    We just started our Fall Sand Vball league! LOVE IT! I miss playing so much! It was the best time of my hs and college career! And yes smacking the crap out of the ball was a HUGE stress relief! :-)

Woo and sand volleyball is a killer!! We use to play that in the off season to improve our vertical for Fall!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Love volleyball and miss it! I've started looking into adult leagues! I haven't played since College. Best days of my life for sure! So much fun! Maybe when we move I'll look into it some more!!

Right?! It was so much fun. I think I miss having that competitiveness in my life!
  • maipai21
    Options
    I LOVE VOLLEYBALL!!! I miss it so!
  • sooty0703
    sooty0703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am one! I just started back this week in a very competitive women's league! All the weight I have lost made me play awesome! 2 Blocks and 7 kills! Yeah, I still got it :)