SAHMU 60 Day Challenge **Week 7** (Closed Group)

Replies

• daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Okay, going to try to post a picture from my backpacking trip (we were in Yosemite's High Sierra; I'm on the far left):

6111663198_5691fd05c8_m.jpg

Oh Man..... SOOOOO jealous. I'll bet you had an AWESOME time! And, I LOVE the new profile pic too! You know, looking at that ( and feeling my jealousy about it) I am getting a really good idea of what my goal reward should be... and, it's far enough away that I could start planning something!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Okay, so I was going to make the Whole Wheat pancakes from skinnytaste.com but when I enered the recipe I saw that it had more carbs than my usual pancakes, so I skipped them and stuck with mine.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Hi girls. My long wknd is off to a crappy start. Last night I fell down our patio stairs (wet from rain) and my left leg twisted around behind me at the most ungodly angle. I was in so much pain, I thought for sure my ankle was broken. Luckily, my mother in law was over for dinner so she stayed with Caleb and Scott took me to the urgent care centre. They saw me quickly and took xrays, no break thank god! But my left ankle and foot is severely twisted. So Im on crutches for a few days. Anyways, this means I will not be able to complete this weeks challenge. Ill still do as much of the arm stuff as I can, although I will have to modify some moves. I hope to back in fighting form within a week, but I understand if my spot needs to be filled. I'll still check in and chat as well as pic what I can for calories but I think its safe to say I will not make my 4000 burn goal this week! Lol!

Luckliy, with it being the long wknd, my hubby is home and taking care of me and my son. My only job is to keep my foot up and wait for the swelling to decrease

All this being said, I'm super worried about the inability to work out. Yes, I can and will do strength training on my arms, but we all know that this doesn't burn as many as calories as a hard workout does. sigh... I'm officially super scared to weigh in on Wednesday. Anyways, I'm going to do my best to make healthy food choices. Super grateful to my hubby for supporting me on this point because as always, my inclination is to eat when I'm upset. But he made a healthy breakfast of whole grain pancakes and is offering to make me a nice lunch now, so I guess I better go.

I'll check in with you all later. Hope everyone else enjoys a fun and injury free weekend!

Lynda
  • losinit_4_good
    Had my doctor's appointment today and I'm trying really hard to focus ont he positive.

Good side: She was super proud of me for taking control of my weight. She's been my doc for 12 years so she has watched me steadily gain so it was nice to know she was impressed. Also, very impressed with my dedication and 31lb loss so far. Her suggestion was for me to eat more as she fears I amy not be getting enough nutrients on my 1200 calrie diet. She was very supportive in my efforts for long term ,steady weightloss and maintainence.

Not so good side: "Long term, steady weight loss". I can't deny it - I want to lose weight FAST! THey way my loss has slowed for the last month has really scraed me and she explained all things I already knew but didn't want to belive: that I lost fastin the beginning b/c my body was so unused to healthy decsions, that plateaus are normal, that this is going to be a long, hard journey with no quick, easy solution. I wanted to cry! I want a quick easy solution~!!!!!!

Anywas, focusing ont he positive. I've lost .7lbs so far this week and that's a step in the right direction. I'm going to take her suggestion and steadly increase my calorie intake a little bit at a time (watching the scale like a hawk) and we'll see how that helps. Slow and steady wins the race and I know that in then end it will be worth the pain and sacrifice. Just right now, All I can think of is how my bikin dreams for next summer have just drowned in a buckey of lard

Doesn't change the fact that my goal for this weekend was to eat healthy and workout twice as hard. I figure since I have 3 days off from work, I have no excuse not to burn baby burn!!! :

Lynda-- I'm on the Eating-back-my-calories experiment too-- it's a little scarey right now, because I *think* my body is still adjusting, but I'll report back. Your dr. is right though-- you're probably not getting enough at 1200. You need some gas in that machine!! ( and no, I'm no t encouraging you to just eat beans.. :tongue:
    It's hard, but she's right with the other part too. We are so focused on getting to our goals and having instant gratification ( and, shows like Biggest Loser don't help with that...) that's it's hard to have it come off slowly. Don't even think about "slow and steady wins the race".. its not a race. If you do this properly, a) it will stay off longer, so the "racers" will be gaining theirs back when you are still slim and trim b)you'll be in a healthier place, so you'll have much more time in the LONG run with your family, c)your body will have a chance to keep up with your loss, which will mean less side effects like baggy saggy skin. There are many people who lose it fast who STILL can't wear a bikini 'cuz.. well, that ain't pretty either. And, don't drown that dream just yet-- there are lots of people who once they stop stressing about their loss, and give their bodies time and nutrients-- it comes off faster than they expect!! And, no matter what, you'll still be smokin' HOT next summer!!:smokin: You can do this, and we're right here with ya!

THanks for the encouragement! I like your way of thinking :smile:
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Hi girls. My long wknd is off to a crappy start. Last night I fell down our patio stairs (wet from rain) and my left leg twisted around behind me at the most ungodly angle. I was in so much pain, I thought for sure my ankle was broken. Luckily, my mother in law was over for dinner so she stayed with Caleb and Scott took me to the urgent care centre. They saw me quickly and took xrays, no break thank god! But my left ankle and foot is severely twisted. So Im on crutches for a few days. Anyways, this means I will not be able to complete this weeks challenge. Ill still do as much of the arm stuff as I can, although I will have to modify some moves. I hope to back in fighting form within a week, but I understand if my spot needs to be filled. I'll still check in and chat as well as pic what I can for calories but I think its safe to say I will not make my 4000 burn goal this week! Lol!

Luckliy, with it being the long wknd, my hubby is home and taking care of me and my son. My only job is to keep my foot up and wait for the swelling to decrease

All this being said, I'm super worried about the inability to work out. Yes, I can and will do strength training on my arms, but we all know that this doesn't burn as many as calories as a hard workout does. sigh... I'm officially super scared to weigh in on Wednesday. Anyways, I'm going to do my best to make healthy food choices. Super grateful to my hubby for supporting me on this point because as always, my inclination is to eat when I'm upset. But he made a healthy breakfast of whole grain pancakes and is offering to make me a nice lunch now, so I guess I better go.

I'll check in with you all later. Hope everyone else enjoys a fun and injury free weekend!

Lynda

You poor thing; that sucks! Do you go to a gym? My gym has an exercise bike that you "pedal" with your arms; just a thought... I think that eating healthy & continuing to log is most of the battle; you can do basically everything but the vigorous calorie burn SO, don't leave us! Also, walking with crutches is listed on MFP under cardiovascular exercise... :wink:

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!
  • amyelizbradley
    Okay, going to try to post a picture from my backpacking trip (we were in Yosemite's High Sierra; I'm on the far left):

6111663198_5691fd05c8_m.jpg

Oh Man..... SOOOOO jealous. I'll bet you had an AWESOME time! And, I LOVE the new profile pic too! You know, looking at that ( and feeling my jealousy about it) I am getting a really good idea of what my goal reward should be... and, it's far enough away that I could start planning something!!

Definitely you could start planning it! Look online at <http://www.yosemitepark.com/accomodations_highsierracamps.aspx>... I can't begin to explain how amazing nature is at every turn up there; I was awestruck! As John Muir said "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." SO true!

And thank you for your comment about being jealous; I'll admit, made me feel good! :blushing:
  • amyelizbradley
    Just checking in... today I stayed under my cals even though I spent the day at an amusement park! And got some serious walking in too! :happy:

Here's my stats for today (I also posted on the Team Black thread):
    SU 9/4
    NUTRITION:
    Calcium = 104%
    CALORIES BURNED = 500
    EXERCISE:
    Strength: none
    Stairs: yes
    COMMITMENT:
    Log on to MFP = yes
    Check in on the cal. burn spreadsheet= yes
    Keep on track of your points/ report = yes
    Post an encouraging note = yes
    CURRENT Points =
    (Nutrition – 0 point , Strength – 2 points, Cardio – 3 points, Calorie – 1 point, Emotional – 0 point, Commitment – 0 point)

Take care everyone; have a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    I have no idea how much calcium I'm getting, except for my multi vitamin. Depending what you pick from the data base it may or may not have the calcium entered. The other day I entered eggs and it had calcium today it didn't....
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Hello ladies! I just wanted to check in between road trips. I just got back to Idaho from a mini family reunion, and today we are headed up to Yellowstone for two days. I am determined to do better the next two days then I did the last two!!!

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day.
  • losinit_4_good

Lynda

You poor thing; that sucks! Do you go to a gym? My gym has an exercise bike that you "pedal" with your arms; just a thought... I think that eating healthy & continuing to log is most of the battle; you can do basically everything but the vigorous calorie burn SO, don't leave us! Also, walking with crutches is listed on MFP under cardiovascular exercise... :wink:

I don't go to a gym so I don't have access to that type of bike. too bad cuz it sounds awesome! Good tip about counting walking on crutches as cardio - that is hard! I'm totally rocking the upper body strength. I'm also doing lots of low impact calisthenics like crunches and modified pushups. anything that doesn't out weight or strain on my ankle.

In better news, I'm off crutches this morning. Not that I'm about to attempt a long distance marathon but I'm hobbling around decently. Still taking time to keep my foot elevated and keeping it wrapped in a tensor but at least I can pick up my son and carry him a little - he was getting super whiny about not enough mom time. Don't get me wrong, my hubby has been great with him, but nothing replaces the momma am I right? :smile:
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Tonight I made
    Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 cutlet • Calories: 171.9 • Fat: 6.3 g • Protein: 20.3 g • Carb: 7.9 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 1.3 g Sodium: 280.7 mg (without salt)

I got the recipe from skinnytaste.com and it was so good, my family loved it too.

People keep quoting recipes from skinnytaste.com... just HAD to bookmark THAT webpage! :wink:

I love the skinny taste website, only downside is that it's very slow to load, half the time I give up on the site before I find anything. But great recipes!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Bad day today for me, I feel discouraged and just plain unmotivated! I am going to go for a walk now and I really hope that helps because today is probably one of my worst days so far. I ate pizza for dinner, that didn't help. I was also super cranky and so was my son today. :grumble: :explode:
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Bad day today for me, I feel discouraged and just plain unmotivated! I am going to go for a walk now and I really hope that helps because today is probably one of my worst days so far. I ate pizza for dinner, that didn't help. I was also super cranky and so was my son today. :grumble: :explode:

Oh no!! hopefully a walk was able to clear your brain a little-- that can be the worst. If not, just go to bed.. and get some rest. I'm sure that will help the boy, and tomorrow is a new day! You've done so amazingly so far.. and one day in a lifestyle change.. only a blip.
    You're awesome.. you know that, right? ((Hugs))
  • NewLife_11

Oh no!! hopefully a walk was able to clear your brain a little-- that can be the worst. If not, just go to bed.. and get some rest. I'm sure that will help the boy, and tomorrow is a new day! You've done so amazingly so far.. and one day in a lifestyle change.. only a blip.

Thank You! I went on a jog, I was gone for about 45min and I feel so much better! I am not sure why I am having this low right now but your right tomorrow is a new day! Sometimes I get overwhelmed by how long this is going to take me but hopefully tomorrow I will be a bit more positive.
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Is anyone interested in a part two to this challenge? I'll be sad to see this one finish. It would be great if we could 'graduate' a group of us to a second set of challenges. I would love to see something with calorie burn tracking and weekly goals in various areas. Is anyone up for this?
  • amyelizbradley
    Is anyone interested in a part two to this challenge? I'll be sad to see this one finish. It would be great if we could 'graduate' a group of us to a second set of challenges. I would love to see something with calorie burn tracking and weekly goals in various areas. Is anyone up for this?

Oh yes please! I'm game!
  • amyelizbradley

Thank You! I went on a jog, I was gone for about 45min and I feel so much better! I am not sure why I am having this low right now but your right tomorrow is a new day! Sometimes I get overwhelmed by how long this is going to take me but hopefully tomorrow I will be a bit more positive.

I understand where you are (been there way too often myself); it's just part of the journey I guess; I keep telling myself that as long as I'm heading in the right direction, I do not have to be perfect (includes w/ diet, exercise, & attitude)- but without a doubt, this journey is no "easy street". I am so impressed that you took your feelings of being overwhelmed and redirected them in a healthy manner... major win in my book! Glad you're feeling better!
  • amyelizbradley

Lynda

I don't go to a gym so I don't have access to that type of bike. too bad cuz it sounds awesome! Good tip about counting walking on crutches as cardio - that is hard! I'm totally rocking the upper body strength. I'm also doing lots of low impact calisthenics like crunches and modified pushups. anything that doesn't out weight or strain on my ankle.

In better news, I'm off crutches this morning. Not that I'm about to attempt a long distance marathon but I'm hobbling around decently. Still taking time to keep my foot elevated and keeping it wrapped in a tensor but at least I can pick up my son and carry him a little - he was getting super whiny about not enough mom time. Don't get me wrong, my hubby has been great with him, but nothing replaces the momma am I right? :smile:

You know it! One thing you might want to invest in is one or two personal training sessions just to get some ideas on how to continue your exercise while keeping your ankle "safe"; some gyms will sometimes give you a deal if you've never had any sessions before. I've ad a few sessions and they have been so very much worth the investment! I'm glad that your ankle is recovering!
  • amyelizbradley
    Have a devil of a migraine; can't stand being on the computer any longer- will finish my update tomorrow... I hope everyone is feeling great and having a good day! Even if you're not, know that someone's out here thinking about you!
    A
  • NewLife_11

I actually was going to ask this soon. I have some ladies who are interested in helping me to keep the group going. If anyone is interested that would be great. Maybe I will come up with a spreadsheet so that I can just see everyone who wants in. I will do that tomorrow. I love this group and would love to stay with those of you who would like to continue.