Now THAT is what I call...

Options

Replies

• methetree
    Options
    So much drama in this thread... she was simply trying to share a recipe. No one has to try it if it's not for them. It should be left at that.

^^^ What she said.

How can one little recipe spark such drama??? People need to stop telling other people what they should & shouldn't be eating. Each person's journey is individual to them and if they find something tasty to share... so be it.

This thread has fat police, manners police... jeez.

Thanks OP for the recipe idea!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    we are beyond the notion that fat makes you fat, right? also among other studies...

"Siri-Tarin­o, PW; Sun Q, Hu FB, Krauss RM (2010). "Meta-anal­ysis of prospectiv­e cohort studies evaluating the associatio­n of saturated fat with cardiovasc­ular disease.". The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

"CONCLUSIO­NS:

A meta-analy­sis of prospectiv­e epidemiolo­gic studies showed that there is no significan­t evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD. "”
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    NO BACON NO CARE!!!

I have bacon and about to eat it right now. :tongue:
    b*tch
  • misty_meadows15
    Options
    That looks SO GOOD!!!
  • misty_meadows15
    Options
    So much drama in this thread... she was simply trying to share a recipe. No one has to try it if it's not for them. It should be left at that.

Thank you!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    NO BACON NO CARE!!!

I have bacon and about to eat it right now. :tongue:
    b*tch

na nanny boo boo!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    /enter the moderator police :laugh:

Please keep it civil and polite. No personal attacks or hostility.

Thank you.

/exit the moderator police :flowerforyou:

Stormieweather
    My Fitness Pal Forum Moderator
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    looks delicious :smokin: :laugh:
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That DOES look fantastic! I was going to have a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (whole wheat bread and mozzarella cheese!) but I got called in to work :(

My favorite grilled cheese sandwich is bacon and provolone.

Mmmmm, bacon....
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    /enter the moderator police :laugh:

Please keep it civil and polite. No personal attacks or hostility.

Thank you.

/exit the moderator police :flowerforyou:

Stormieweather
    My Fitness Pal Forum Moderator

Bahhh fiiiine :P I do apologize for the language, though I stand by the general content of my reply.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    That DOES look fantastic! I was going to have a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (whole wheat bread and mozzarella cheese!) but I got called in to work :(

My favorite grilled cheese sandwich is bacon and provolone.

Mmmmm, bacon....

Ohhh that sounds good :O

And would you look at that, I've eaten all my meals for the day except for dinner, and have only reached half of my daily allowance of fat ;)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    looks yummy what did you use to toast the bread (butter , margarine other ?)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    looks yummy what did you use to toast the bread (butter , margarine other ?)

Oh, I used maybe 1/2 tablespoon total of vegetable oil spread. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Some types of fat are good for you. The saturated fat found in cheese is not widely accepted as healthy See #2 below in the excerpt from the article you referenced:

3 Easy Ways to Avoid Bad Fats
    Here are three simple ways to avoid bad fats, including trans fat:

1. Avoid packaged foods when possible. Instead, choose whole foods, or foods you make at home. For example, you can make your own macaroni and cheese from scratch, or your own flavored rice mixes.

2. Eat lean sources of protein, low-fat dairy foods, whole grains, legumes -- such as garbanzo beans and black beans -- and fruits and vegetables.

3. Use healthy oils such as olive, canola, and sunflower oil, and small amounts of tub margarine for cooking and flavoring foods.

"It takes more than counting fat grams to protect your health," Lichtenstein says.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    okay people really , it was a yummy looking sandwich that is all

can we all just get over ourselves now????
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    okay people really , it was a yummy looking sandwich that is all

can we all just get over ourselves now????

Honestly.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Some types of fat are good for you. The saturated fat found in cheese is not widely accepted as healthy See #2 below in the excerpt from the article you referenced:

1. Avoid packaged foods when possible. Instead, choose whole foods, or foods you make at home. For example, you can make your own macaroni and cheese from scratch, or your own flavored rice mixes.

2. Eat lean sources of protein, low-fat dairy foods, whole grains, legumes -- such as garbanzo beans and black beans -- and fruits and vegetables.

3. Use healthy oils such as olive, canola, and sunflower oil, and small amounts of tub margarine for cooking and flavoring foods.

"It takes more than counting fat grams to protect your health," Lichtenstein says.

uh oh, does my ice cream have bad fats?

2011-08-19%25252019.46.18.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

uh oh, does my ice cream have bad fats?

2011-08-19%25252019.46.18.jpg

I can't see the labels, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess YES
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Whatever source this came from is hog wash...............You will never convince me that margarine (plastic) is better than real butter.

Saturated fats are not bad for us at all. The PUFA's (aka corn, canola or vegetable oils) are bad for us and margarine is the absolute worst!!
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    People! It is a sandwich recipe which someone was kind enough to share- take it or leave it, and maybe everyone who is so against the sandwich needs to eat one, maybe they are hungry and grouchy :) Personally, I think it looks quite tasty!