The gym is closed?! :O

Options
Goodness gracious. My world has just been thrown into complete chaos!

Just kidding. I'll be okay. But our local YMCA is being closed from Thurs.-Sunday for general cleaning and matinence.

I had plans for the weekend already that would prevent me from working out but the thought that I just CAN'T even if wanted to kinda sucks. I still go on walks when this happens and do the ocassional situps and stretches.

What do you do when your gym is closed for holidays, general cleaning, etc?

P.S..Work makes me sleepy. Low cal yummy coffee ideas from starbucks?

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Ick. I go to 24 hour fitness, which never seems to close, but I still feel your pain. Go get a tall skinny caramel machiatto. 100 calories. :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Go on a walk with my son pushing him in a stroller, use my elliptical at home, take a jog around the neighborhood, do a workout DVD... there are lots of alternatives when the gym is closed :smile: But I understand what you're saying... it is a little frustrating. I would much rather work out at my gym with A/C and fans blowing on me than be out in my garage in 103 degree heat using my elliptical.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I end up using DVDs a lot ! Mostly things like Leslie Sansone (walking) & Natalie Yco (kickboxing). Lately I've been using the Nike Training Club app, too. It gives the variety & it makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I've finished, lol.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't have gym membership so can't advise on that, but a skinny vanilla latte is GREAT!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have started using a piloxing dvd. I really like it.
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Our YMCA is closed too. But from Aug 27th - Oct 6th. More than a week! I was pretty annoyed about it. I was really getting into the habit of working out after work. We'll just have to keep on track the best we can.:happy:
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I know how you feel. Mine closed for a WEEK a couple of weeks ago. Not a couple of days, but a week. It was insanity. But, I worked out on my elliptical at home, did sit ups on my ball at home, and took the dogs for extra walks. But, I definitely didn't feel as good about my work outs as I do when I leave the house and do them at the gym. :(
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I know your pain!!! If it happens to me I check my sky + and record fitness tv, if you go to shape magazine online there are masses of home workouts there!