Alcohol abuse - this is so wrong, but I might do it anyway!

Options
TourThePast
TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
So, I have healthy food in the fridge, but a craving for wasabi peanuts / peas that are only available at a supermarket which is miles away.

I also have a saved half bottle of wine that I have enough calories for today.

What I could do is drink the wine now, so I can't drive - then the only way I could get to those snacks is to hike across the fields, a four mile round trip, which would burn enough calories to be able to afford them.

What do you reckon? Most irresponsible diet strategy ever? :bigsmile:

Replies

• krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!! Sounds like something I would do... Whatever works for ya :)
  • JoHola
    JoHola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, love it!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

But from a personal safety viewpoint perhaps not the best idea :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

AND I'd need the loo halfway round and have to go in a field :blushing:
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    LOOL
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol that's awesome! I say drink the wine...and then go for a walk :) not so sure its going to be worth it :ohwell:
  • DoriLuke
    DoriLuke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I might just do the same next time I REALLY want to go get some treat I shouldn't have! Thanks for the tip! LOL
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the hike first, cuz the wine will taste that much better after hiking
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This made me think of an old proverb... "The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far, but we will walk carefully."
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    yes, go hiking into the woods while you are half drunk. excellent idea.

sarcasm aside, everything in moderation! why not incorporate a little wine into your diet? a glass a day isn't bad for you!! personally, i have like, 3 glasses a day, since its so good for you!!
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    Pmsl.
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    A friend of mine says " you can go anywhere and eat as much of whatever you want, you just have to run home after." sounds like you went to his school. too funny.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This made me think of an old proverb... "The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far, but we will walk carefully."

I love this!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    that is some strategic planning right there....
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Just so u know, drinking lowers ur metabolism...after 5 or 6 drinks u have no metabolism left at all, and shouldn't eat while drinking cuz ur body doesn't process it like normal..id walk to the store, eat the nuts on the way back, wait a bit, and then drink the wine. Also alcohol depletes water in ur system, so be sure to drink, at absolute minimum, half ur body weight in ounces of water. ...u actualy need quite a bit more than that because ull be excercising which depletes ur water, eating a salty snack which depletes ur water, and drinking which massivly dehydrates u... more than 5alcholic beverages always makes me plateau...3weeks one time :-(
  • TourThePast
    Options
    But from a personal safety viewpoint perhaps not the best idea :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

AND I'd need the loo halfway round and have to go in a field :blushing:
    Rural England is a pretty safe place, the scariest thing around here is me.
    That's what hedges are for. Besides, one glance of my huge white behind and people would faint with horror.
    I would suggest the hike first, cuz the wine will taste that much better after hiking
    Whoops, too late!
    Never heard that, thanks - I'm shamelessly stealing that one!
    after 5 or 6 drinks u have no metabolism left at all
    That would be why I'm fat then. :smile:
  • TommyWR
    Options
    Remember, Friends dont let friends drink and drive. They get drunk and go with them! :drinker: :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the abuse here. Sounds pretty smart to me :P

When I was at university, final semester - once in a while I would fill my coffee mug with a "beverage" and drive to school & THEN start drinking LOL. I'd be tipsy by my 2nd class and sober by the end of it. Good times.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    yes, go hiking into the woods while you are half drunk. excellent idea.
    The average woman isn't capable of defending herself against a determined surprise attack anyway, so why not get out there and enjoy the woods even when you're drunk? :bigsmile:

(joking apart, and I hate to be serious in what is essentially a very silly thread; it cuts across the fields through lovely countryside, but it's a busy path popular with runners and dog walkers)
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I vote good plan. I love drinking me some bottles of wine. My friend and I used to have "wine and dye" night, where we'd dye our hair and drink a couple bottles of wine each.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    My friend and I used to have "wine and dye" night, where we'd dye our hair and drink a couple bottles of wine each.
    That is totally irrepsonsible, you could end up drinking the hair dye and throwing wine over your hair!