ALCOHOL and my diet?!?!??!

2»

Replies

• sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    I'm a wino and haven't held back slightly with it and have still managed to lose lbs in 3 months..

Like an above poster said, include it into your daily journal and adjust accordingly. If a beer or a glass of wine is what keeps you sane... and this is supposed to be a lifestyle and NOT a diet, then I would say have it!
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    I soooo want the job of the person who has to drink but maybe it wouldn't be so much fun. I am having to cut back on the wine because it knocks me over my calories every time. I'm now on vodka, lime and soda water, so much better. Then if I really want wine, I choose when to have it and it doesn't make such a difference.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    i am a BUD LIGHT girl!! and i dont mean just 1 or 2. i know they are packed with callories!! what the best choice of a alcohol beverage when out on the town??
    offensive to beer drinkers... jk

Seriously, Bud light is (along with pretty much all light beers) completely devoid of taste (IMO), but if it's your favorite so be it, there really isn't much lighter than 110 cal. You could switch to the MGD 64, Molson Canadian has something like that too, but also is like water with 3 drops of beer in it. Vodka is 70 cal in one shot so short of drinking with water (I myself enjoy vodka, sparkling water and a wedge of lime - 71 cal) or diet sprite there's not much of a point. There are a few alternatives to your 110 calorie Bud light but the 40 calorie difference is really marginal - maybe just don't drink 10 and you'll be fine.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Drinking is part of my job. It sucks. I try to bank calories early in the day for drinks later on. I would rather not be drinking.
    Oh my god! This is the one that's offensive to beer drinkers ... I'm pretty sure that if I could say 'drinking is part of my job' I wouldn't be finishing the sentence with 'it sucks' - seriously where do you work, and if it sucks and you'd rather not be drinking you should quit, do something you do like to do and let someone who does enjoy drinking take that job! lol
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    You're going to have to cut back on the booze if you want to see a real change in your health. Regardless of what you're drinking, if you're having more than a few drinks every night, you're not going to get mega results unless you're also working your *kitten* off.

^ this

heavy drinking and weight loss do not go together
  • ok people YEs i like to drink when im out drinking i dont drink every night maybe on saturdays. so i dont think its such a big deal i just wanted better option ideas. thanks for all the suggestions now that some people think im a alchy and need to get off my *kitten* lol
    xoxox
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    i cant stand light beer....i used to drink it, but imo it just tastes watered down. also, strangely i find i get headaches now from light beer and not reg. beer...sadly the calories are more, but at least its enjoyable...

my weakness is Blue Moon...i have however been drinking a lot of malibu with diet cranberry juice...
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Try vodka or gin with soda water and a slice of lime or lemon. Soda water has zero calories and is quite refreshing! If you're going to do vodka/sprite, make it diet sprite.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    ok people YEs i like to drink when im out drinking i dont drink every night maybe on saturdays. so i dont think its such a big deal i just wanted better option ideas. thanks for all the suggestions now that some people think im a alchy and need to get off my *kitten* lol
    xoxox

Ha! Dont worry you know you will always get multiple opinions. :) If you are only drinking on weekends I think you are fine, just allow for the calories you are going to drink by extra exercise, etc. I have lost 35 lbs and I have more than the occasional drink...usually red wine or vodka and Diet Soda...just sayin. :) It's all about moderation!
  • I have the same problem. I do vodka + seltzer/soda water/whatever you want to call it + a splash of cranberry juice for some flavor. It doesn't taste that bad either!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    when i plan to go out and drink i set some calories aside for it and try to stick to that amount when i am out. I mean when I was 21 i started doing WW and i went out like 3 days a week I set calories aside and did bud light and danced my butt off and i also worked out in the day time. I lost 80 pounds in 10 months so just dont go over board. And when i got home i would not go near the kitchen cause i would eat lol

everyone will say dont go out and drink or dont drink and blah blah which REALLY annoys me lol but in my opinion you need to make this a lifestyle change and people go out on weekend and drink. I mean now I am married and have 2 kids so my drinking is far in between but when i was younger i went out and enjoyed myself and still lost weight.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    ok people YEs i like to drink when im out drinking i dont drink every night maybe on saturdays. so i dont think its such a big deal i just wanted better option ideas. thanks for all the suggestions now that some people think im a alchy and need to get off my *kitten* lol
    xoxox

Well then I'm an alchy too!!
    I drink heavily one night a week, and I've managed to lose 40 pounds since January so obviously a couple of nights of drinking won't kill you. I'll admit I think it sets me back some (especially if I'm hungover and just eat like a maniac), but you only live once, and you don't want to say you missed an awesome night at the bar cause you weren't there because you're sitting at home counting calories. I eat normally that day, for the most part. I try to eat 1800 calories, so I will maybe try to eat more like 1400, so I have a little bit of flex room in.
    I just try to take shots or drink beers at home, and then I drink one or two drinks of my choice at the bar, and it hasn't set me back at all.
    And last piece of advice - go out dancing! You will sweat SOOO much, and get your heart rate up! Mini exercise!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    xoxox

Well then I'm an alchy too!!
    I drink heavily one night a week, and I've managed to lose 40 pounds since January so obviously a couple of nights of drinking won't kill you. I'll admit I think it sets me back some (especially if I'm hungover and just eat like a maniac), but you only live once, and you don't want to say you missed an awesome night at the bar cause you weren't there because you're sitting at home counting calories. I eat normally that day, for the most part. I try to eat 1800 calories, so I will maybe try to eat more like 1400, so I have a little bit of flex room in.
    I just try to take shots or drink beers at home, and then I drink one or two drinks of my choice at the bar, and it hasn't set me back at all.
    And last piece of advice - go out dancing! You will sweat SOOO much, and get your heart rate up! Mini exercise!

OMG!!! UR AN ALKOHIK!! Y DONT U GO TO SUM MEETINGS!!! ZOMBERGS!!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    xoxox

Lol... they need to get off their high horse! Jeeze... I didn't get fat JUST from drinking and I'm losing weight while still drinking on occasion. Like you, I like to have a fun night out and I enjoy my alcohol! I just record my calories like everyone else does with their food and try to stay around my goal. I'm not sure why everyone is being so judgmental. There's a lot of hot-*kitten* celebs out there who I know must enjoy a drink here and there! If drinking is part of your life and a part of your life that you enjoy.. I say enjoy it! Personally, wine is a big part of my life; my boyfriend is a wine maker, a lot of my friends are wine marketers and I have become a huge fan of enjoying wine. I don't think I should have to change my life completely to get a body that I want. Anyways.. yeah... I stick with wine, vodka or gin/soda water with lime and the occasional beer... because I'm also a big beer fan!
  • We go to our favorite Irish pub once a week and have whatever is new, or even just a taste, the bartender will give us a sample. He changes brews all the time and I've become a big IPA fan because of it. I can't hardly stand a Miller anymore because it tastes so blah. But what I've been doing lately is nursing a Kelly's or a Harp and then having a couple of sample (prob 3oz) tastes of what is new. I also am a vodka and a bourbon fan, and always use diet soda, particularly diet coke. I have found that the Walmart flavored sparkling waters are very tasty for mixing and avoids the caffeine, too. Another good way is the flavored vodkas, there are sooo many now to choose from and are great in a sparkling water! My particular favorite is Smirnoff Pear vodka, so decadent!

So as many have said, enjoy your beer, but plan for it. That way you can enjoy it and not feel guilty later. :D