Hi I'm new

Options
I just started on my fitness pal and message boards. I've tried on line food diaries before but never made time to make any friends. It didn't take long before I got bored with just entering my daily food and exercise. I'm excited about this one and with a little encouragement I think it just might work this time. :happy:

Replies

• karenstartsover
    Options
    I just started on my fitness pal and message boards. I've tried on line food diaries before but never made time to make any friends. It didn't take long before I got bored with just entering my daily food and exercise. I'm excited about this one and with a little encouragement I think it just might work this time. :happy:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

You will make lots of friends here and find lots of encouragment!

Just keep logging in and read lots of posts! They are inspiring and FUN!

~Mel
  • nicolet04
    Options
    welcome!!!! :drinker:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome karen..

You have found a great spot. The accountability is nice, but the support on the message boards really keeps you in the game when the going gets tough.

Stay with it and check in with us frequently..

You can do this..

jb
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    Thanks Mel. this is kind of fun. I've not really used any message boards before, but this is pretty easy.
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    Hi Janibeth and Nicole! this is great. I think it really will help me to know I can get help and encouragement anytime. I should have started this a long time ago.
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Hi Janibeth and Nicole! this is great. I think it really will help me to know I can get help and encouragement anytime. I should have started this a long time ago.

I felt the same way....should have done this a long time ago!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome-

If you stick with it for awhile, it really works to see the cals you are taking in. Some of the data..like red cabbage..I think is off...this site says it has alot of sugar but other sites disagree...anyone know?

Dave
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    Welcome-

If you stick with it for awhile, it really works to see the cals you are taking in. Some of the data..like red cabbage..I think is off...this site says it has alot of sugar but other sites disagree...anyone know?

Dave
    Hi Dave I don't know anything about red cabbage but i typed in nutritional value of red cabbage and found some information that says it has about 3.4 g in 1 cup of chopped cabbage. I don't know if that is what you have already found out.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome-

Dave
    I agree with you Dave...it's a carb but not one high in sugar...hm...strange....curious now...gonna look it up.

Keep in mind all or most of the foods added have been added by other members with the info they had at the time...food pkgs. etc...so sometimes (not the cabbage..lol) pkg'ing changes the nutrional value from time and you can go in and make changes to it if need be. So if you find different stats on red cabbage...then by all means feel free to add the correct info so noone else goes by the wrong info:bigsmile:

Welcome Dave to the site...I see you joined in Dec. as well:drinker: :happy:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    hey Karen...saw ya over on the Proud thread but just saw your first post here on MFP...wanted to say...jump in as much as you can and that's the best way to feel comfy right off! You'll find thread that catch your eye, challenges you might find interesting here on MFP...that might expand your horizon....lots of fun to be had as we create a healthy journey in life together here on MFP:drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    thanks fitness chick. congratulations on your awesome progress. I really enjoyed reading over several of the different message boards last night. I didn't do so well tonight, new year's eve and all. but i'll do better tomorrow. I hope 2009 brings you great success and happiness. Happy New Year to all!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow you must be proud of yourself, losing 198 lbs.. Fantastic!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thanks Karen:flowerforyou: Happy New Year:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thanks Gabbi:drinker::flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Welcome to MFP were glad to have you with us!:bigsmile:
  • karenstartsover
    Options
    Thanks spyguy. everyone seems so friendly, I already love coming home to see what has popped up on the message boards. congratulations on your 40lb loss so far. karen :happy: :happy:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome Karen :smile: You've come to the right place. A lot of great people :happy: Enjoy and Good Luck:drinker:
  • aripat811
    Options
    Good Luck Karen. I'm new too. All of these weight loss tickers are very inspiring. Hopefully we'll be showing off ours soon too.
  • shemricquick
    Options
    welcome! We have about the same amount of weight to lose!