Ground Turkey Recipes?

Options
kellieprindle
kellieprindle Posts: 69 Member
The only thing I have made so far with ground turkey is chili. It was great, my husband even loved it, but now what? Does anyone have an awesome ground turkey recipe to share?

1628192.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• fabulousfebe
    Options
    Turkey Spaghetti is great!:drinker:
  • Bekahjohnston
    Options
    Ground Turkey stuffed peppers is great!
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love making turkey burgers , i have to admit i dont really have a recipe for it . I most of the time just add alittle seasoning salt , ground paper , finely chopped onions and garlic and top with pepper jack and put it with a ton of veggies on a sandwich thin :)
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Make stuffed Bell Peppers and use ground turkey and brown rice with your ingredients....YUMMY
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I use ground turkey wherever i used to use ground beef...spaghetti sauce, lasagna, chili....I also mix it up with diced carrots onions and peppers tossed in a little soy sauce with crushed red pepper and eat as lettuce wraps...not quite PF changs, but definitely curbs my cravings!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I love ground turkey tacos :D Just mix it with your usual taco seasoning and add lettuce, tomatoes, some laughing cow... YUM
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I make ground turkey burgers.

In a bowl mix the package of ground turkey, 1/4 to 1/2 an onion chopped, one egg, and like 2 or 3 TBS of worchestshire sauce, I usually guesstimate the WSS, until I can smell it. Then I start forming patties, makes about 6 patties. I keep the patties I don't eat in the fridge and pull them out for a quick burger for lunch and or dinner.

for the bun I use whole wheat buns and then you can put whatever you want as far as onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. You can put ketchup and mayo if you like, I usually measure these out so I don't over do the condiments.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bump
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    cuban picadillo. stuffed tomatoes in the oven. stuffed squash. meatballs. meatball soup. dirty rice.
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i take the pack of ground turkey and throw in a package of lipton onion soup. makes for a taste burger that can be either eaten as a traditional bunned burger or you can create a topping for it.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sloopy Joes with Ground Turkey instead of Beef.....

Heck anything you would make with Ground beef... make with turkey!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    ground turkey crumbled up with onions, peppers, tomatoes, minced garlic, etc. all stir fried together with a tiny bit of oil. Then maybe serve it with quinoa if you want a grain or veggies on the side? You can spice it up any way you want.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Turkey Spaghetti is great!:drinker:

turkey omlette with green peppers, onion, tomato and a bit of sprinkled cheese.
  • megamoo04
    Options
    bump
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Make sloppy joes it's great, I also do spaghetti, stuffed peppers, taco's/ burrito's top it on homemade pizza..
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey wherever i used to use ground beef...spaghetti sauce, lasagna, chili....I also mix it up with diced carrots onions and peppers tossed in a little soy sauce with crushed red pepper and eat as lettuce wraps...not quite PF changs, but definitely curbs my cravings!
    Sounds delicious, I mUst try!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    from www.skinnytaste.com

Turkey Picadillo
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 • Points: 4 pts
    Calories: 178.5 • Fat: 7.8 g • Protein: 20.5 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

1.25 lb 93% lean ground turkey
    4 oz (1/2 can) tomato sauce
    kosher salt
    fresh ground pepper
    1 tsp ground cumin
    2 bay leaves
    2 tbsp alcaparrado (capers or green olives would work too)

Sofrito:

1/2 large onion, finely chopped
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1 tomato, chopped
    1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
    2 tbsp cilantro

Brown the ground turkey on medium heat in large sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces.

Meanwhile, while turkey is cooking, make the sofrito by chopping onion, garlic, pepper, tomato and cilantro. (I quickly do it in my mini chopper)

Add sofrito to the meat and continue cooking on a low heat. Add alcaparrado (or olives and capers) and about 2 tbsp of the brine (this adds great flavor) cumin, bay leaves, and more salt if needed. Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered about 15 minutes.

*I have eaten this over rice, over lettuce as a taco salad, in taco shells, as enchiladas...you get the drift.
  • Emi_Pie
    Options
    I LOVE ground turkey! I use it in place of nearly all of my ground beef recipes: turkey tacos, turkey burgers, turkey lasgana, etc.

another personal fave: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/turkey-meatballs-with-quick-and-spicy-tomato-sauce-and-whole-wheat-spaghetti-recipe/index.html

and this one:

HEARTY TURKEY AND POTATO CASSEROLE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1639,151178-244192,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

4 c. scalloped fresh potatoes
    1 lb. ground turkey
    1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
    1 can Durkee French fried onions
    1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
    1/3 c. milk
    2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/8 tsp. pepper

Place potatoes in bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Brown turkey, drain. Place turkey, broccoli, 1/2 can onion rings in potato shell.
    Combine soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and seasonings; pour over turkey mixture. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and onions. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.

I also like to buy hot italian turkey sausage, remove the casings, cook in a skillet and add to homemade pizzas, melted sandwiches, pastas, etc.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Make Sesame-Soy Meatballs.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sesame-soy-meatballs-50400000107425/

I followed this recipe and served with basmati rice and green beans. I did make a little sesame sauce on the stovetop to spoon over the meatballs and rice... just like a thickened sauce with reduced sodium soy sauce, some corn starch, sesame oil, chile paste, and you could throw in peanut butter or ginger or something.

The meatballs freeze well if you double- or triple - the recipe, easy to pull out of the freezer on a night when you're in a pinch.