should i be satisfied with a 1/2 lb?

Options
2»

Replies

• moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow - I LOVE this!!!! That's an AWEOME way to look at half a pound!!!

And I agree with everyone else... as long as you're losing and you're happy with how you're doing, then that's the whole point. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, and it doesn't matter how fast or slow anyone else is going either!! :-D Good work!!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Half a pound is two sticks of butter. Imagine two sticks of butter coming off your stomach or your thighs or whatever! That's what I always do when I get down about a smaller loss.

^^ love that analogy!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, to answer the question: I lose around 1/2 pound per week on average. When I was 124 pounds before joining this site I got down to 112 or something in only 3 weeks...just cut down from around 5,000-6,000 calories per day to 3,000 or so o_o

now it takes more work, as I only have 15-20 pounds left to lose >_< So don't give up! I know how you feel, but the sticks of butter analogy is awesome haha :D
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound is FANTASTIC!!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound is GREAT! Keep in mind that's what they've lost since their last weigh-in, not necessarily in a week. Some people weigh in every two weeks or even less frequently :) I weigh in whenever I'm having a good day as far as water weight goes.