Discouraged

Options
I completed the couch to 5k program a couple weeks ago. I was doing great jogging the whole 30 minutes and even increasing my pace. Now I'm struggling to jog even 20 minutes. Do I need to switch up my workout? (I jog MWF and do the elliptical TU) Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. And I've been stuck at around the same weight for weeks. Title says it all!!!

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Go back a few steps of the program and start there. If you took a break after you completed it, you could of maybe lost a little bit of endurance, But everyone is different.
  • sgiacherio
    Options
    We need more information. It sounds to me like your body is fatigued or struggling. It might be a diet or sleep change that will help bounce you back. Just my thoughts. Good luck!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    discouraged is hard. Ok for the running thing I have no clue as I'm just starting out with c25k and have my first race Oct 1 and a tri Oct. 15. Try going back a week or two and picking it back up there. As for the weight, investigate your true BMR and then recalculate after that. When I did that I found that MFP was about 900 cals off and I needed to be eating more. Maybe that could have an affect on why so sluggish...
    Good luck