Why does strength not show up in exercise log?

Options
If I log in doing squats, lunges and such under stregnth, it shows nothing...
Confused?
Does this not burn calories...
Please LUCY....explain...

Replies

• heatherdykes
    heatherdykes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been counting those as general circuit training and just keeping up with how many minutes I circuit train. The calories will log then. You're toning and building muscle when doing those types of exercises, which is what circuit training is so...
  • Devilbat
    Options
    Q. Doesn't strength training burn calories? Why don't you show any calories burned for strength training?

A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate.

^From the FAQ

Pretty much, the strength section is for your own records of weight/sets/reps etc.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much...