Atkins Chocolate Bar

Options
I'm a sucker for freebies. I signed up to Atkins online to get a free carb-free snack - it arrived yesterday.

I may be being a bit slow, but on the front of the chocolate bar it says 1.5g sugar, 141 cals, 1.8g net carbs....

I turn it over, and per 30g bar. - 3.9g protein, 14g carbs (??), and 9.6g fat

what a bunch of hooey!!

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Sugar alcohols..............
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you're confused on the carbs its because you have to deduct fiber from your carbs...fiber as well as sugar alcohols and I think one other thing as they do not effect your blood sugar level...such as sugary carbs will...
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. SO annoying! I'm under dr's orders to limit my carbs to 25 or fewer per day, and I have yet to find a chocolate bar I can eat, even the Atkins brands. :cry: Unless I eat nothing else that day... sigh. If you find something, please let the rest of us know!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sugar Alcohols do affect blood sugar, just not as much as sucrose. They also have a slightly lower caloric value to the body.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my doctor says the deducting-fiber-and-calculating-net-carbs thing won't work for me. I have a carbohydrate-resistant metabolism, so I can't go by net carbs, I have to go by how many actual carbs I'm asking my body to process. So if you're just doing low-carb to lose weight or something, feel free to do all that math. But if you're low-carb for health reasons like diabetes or epilepsy, I would go by the actual # of carbs, not the net.