Maintenence calories?

I've been on here quite a while now and have participated in a few challenges and been pretty successful so far. I'm getting really happy with the way my clothes are starting to look and feel and the comments i have got from friends, relatives etc have all been great. I'm still 20lb off my target weight of 140, not sure i will hit this as i haven't been this weight since being a teenager and thats a long time and three children ago. Anyway i've been hovering around 160 for a while now so i thought i might go onto maintenence calories and use the deficit i get from exercise to try and lose the last 20 lb. I really want to tone the tummy area. I do netball at least twice a week for an hour sometimes 3 and am planning on doing the 30 day shred again when the kids get back to school, just wondered what people thought to this good idea, bad idea. I think i want to concentrate more on inches than weight but its hard not to fixate on that goal weight.

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    If you feel good about your weight, then go onto maintain. Im 5'9 and we about the same. I feel good where I am, but due to a back injury Im not aloud to do a hard cardio work outs yet. So as for me, Ill working on losing 1 pound at a time, so I have 'wiggle room" for gaining muscle.

You look great! Its all a personal choice :)
  • i am so glad to this...i want to help, you can try the protein drink herbalife as it will make your tummy smaller in months since you have to loose that extra 20lbs, it focus on calorie intake and not exercise.
  • i think its more cheaper here in my country...