Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 9

Good morning MFP! It's Wednesday! Half way through another week. Keep up the GREAT work with your exercising! You've got a HOT bod to sculpt!

I rode my bike for 36 min at a vigouous pace last night during the Biggest Loser. My 3 year old was so funny. While we were watching he got us each a set of hand weights. So, I'd sit and do various things with them then he'd say, "Okay, drop one weight now" then after a little while "okay, pick up that other weight now" - I just thought it was cute that he was using things they have said in various workout dvds I've done...

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps For those of you that are new and wondering about our challenge... We each set a FITNESS goal (there is a weight loss challenge on another message board) and check in here daily to let the others know how we are doing. There is some WONDERFUL support here for those days that you just can't get motivated or with any questions or suggestions. I check in in the morning from my exercise the previous day, others check in with their exercise for that day. You can do it either way! Join us!

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning MFP! It's Wednesday! Half way through another week. Keep up the GREAT work with your exercising! You've got a HOT bod to sculpt!

I rode my bike for 36 min at a vigouous pace last night during the Biggest Loser. My 3 year old was so funny. While we were watching he got us each a set of hand weights. So, I'd sit and do various things with them then he'd say, "Okay, drop one weight now" then after a little while "okay, pick up that other weight now" - I just thought it was cute that he was using things they have said in various workout dvds I've done...

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps For those of you that are new and wondering about our challenge... We each set a FITNESS goal (there is a weight loss challenge on another message board) and check in here daily to let the others know how we are doing. There is some WONDERFUL support here for those days that you just can't get motivated or with any questions or suggestions. I check in in the morning from my exercise the previous day, others check in with their exercise for that day. You can do it either way! Join us!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Did my Full Body Burn again today...I think I'm hooked! I feel great when I'm done.:happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Good job getting hooked Julie.

Yesterday was 45 minute elliptical and some walk/jog. Today is pull yourself out of bed and go to the kick your butt weights class.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    i did the treadmill today at the gym and then sat in the sauna! just was not into it i had to force myself there i wanted to go home and go to sleep. now i am cleaning house.(yuck)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Last night I did Denise Austins Targeting your Female Fat Zones. Wow I'm a weiny.

I started at 197 my goal is 180 I'm down to 190 as of today.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Yesterday didn't feel like working out but I did 30 minute Taebo abs, and that made me pretty sore.
    Today I am going to do a Taebo basic work out then Taebo upper body...about 60 minutes total. Need to get off the board and start doing it though!:tongue:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :happy: Checking in. Went to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup and was I happy. Lost 11 lbs since my last visit...bp was 116/78 yea! and really felt great. Dr. was happy too. Did my 2 tai chi classes last night and my 1 tai chi class this morning. I also went out and did 15 min of mod rowing on the row machine. Making progress and having fun. Positive Thoughts! Hugs from kckat96
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Split an hour in two doing 1/2 hour strength training on my own and then 1/2 hour working with my stability ball. The lady on the video does her exercises pretty fast and I have a hard time keeping up with her. I hope I get used to it because i'm not very thrilled with it so far. maybe later tonight I can talk my daughter into aerobics. But I am meeting my goals so far.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    :happy: Checking in. Went to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup and was I happy. Lost 11 lbs since my last visit...bp was 116/78 yea! and really felt great. Dr. was happy too. Did my 2 tai chi classes last night and my 1 tai chi class this morning. I also went out and did 15 min of mod rowing on the row machine. Making progress and having fun. Positive Thoughts! Hugs from kckat96

Great job!!!
    Angela :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Still feeling a little sick, so taking one more day off from my hard-core spinning class.

Today I took a half hour walk with my (20 lbs today, yikes!) backpack, then came home and did an hour of my yoga "total stretch dvd", as my whole body hurt. Also did a short weight for upper body workout.

Now that I write that out, that wasn't easy at all.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Went to the gym and the eliptical kicked my butt! But I did it for an hour and feel pretty darn good now.:smile:
  • wibrown
    wibrown Posts: 30
    Hey everyone I've just joined the challenge on the 7th but I have already lost a pound. I am really excited about this I am starting a walking club at my work. I am trying to get everyone in on eating healthy.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    60 min on gazelle (about 800 cal) and no fried food or pop today! Yipee :wink: Now if I can just get past these PMS chocolate cravings, all will be good.

Why are we all in "kicks my butt" mode? If someone can figure out a way to help us be all "happy, happy, joy, joy" as we were going into the holidays, let me know! I'm getting depressed :laugh:
  • Today I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and I did strength training with my personal trainer another 60 minutes...I have been in the gym doing strength training and cardio everyday for the past week....with the exception of 1 day....monday...had to go register for classes....that took a lot longer than I expected...and after shelling out $400 for book....well I didn't feel like doing anything!! I did, however, stick to my diet plan...so I am not doing too bad! :smile: I'm not sure if I've lost any weight, I'm trying to stay off the scales. I'll let you know as soon as I get on the scales. It discourages me if the numbers don't look like I think they should....I'm feeling good about this and I'm motivated right now.

Good Job everyone!! Keep it up!!
  • Start weight 01/01/08: 157

Weight today: 153.8

Goal weight: 144
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :flowerforyou: Positive Thoughts will help with the "kick my butt" stuff. I remind myself everytime I get on the rowing machine how much I love myself and I love the exercise that is helping to make my body, mind and spirit to be the very best it can be. I smile, laugh, and sing while I row. I send love and positive thoughts to everyone this morning. Hugs from kckat96 :heart: :happy:
  • wibrown
    wibrown Posts: 30
    Hey wanted to drop in and say I have lost 4 lbs since I started this challenge. Keep up the good work everyone. You are beautiful people.