Diet Coke

Options
Well I never.

I just learned 5 mins ago from this medical forum that Diet Coke causes cancer.

Discuss??

Replies

• annika27
    Options
    I hear about things causing cancer all the time. They are referring to the aspartame. Normally the only way they prove it is giving a ton of it to rats, so it's hard to say.
    I am trying to quit drinking it for other reasons.
    People often think no calories means its great for weight loss, but that's not true. My dad has always been big, and has always drank diet. He changed nothing to his diet, except he quit drinking diet coke and he immediately dropped ten pounds. The aspartame also caused my dad a lot of PVCs. It can be scary stuff, but it's hard to know if it really does cause cancer.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well I never.

Discuss??
    Life causes cancer.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure there is some report out there that says air causes cancer. I'm a firm believer in moderation (current convert, I guess :ohwell: ). I make sure I get my daily water goal (with only water) and if I do, If I want a diet coke, I'm going to drink a diet coke. That's my opinion, any way.
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I never.

Discuss??
    Life causes cancer.

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I never.

Discuss??
    Life causes cancer.

You are so right!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is offensive to Pepsi drinkers.
  • faith12207
    Options
    I was just today gonna switch from Pepsi to diet Pepsi.... Now i have doubts..
  • lbritt5
    lbritt5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first question would be; do you live in California? Everything causes cancer in California. Other than that everything now days is related to cancer in some way or another. All the artificial stuff we put into our bodies is terrible for us.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you can die just from crossing the street.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    As a very avid Diet Coke drinker, I have been lectured many times on it's aspartame dangers. When I was in college, I had a professor that if I walked into his office with a Diet Coke, we'd spend the next hour looking up the horrible things about it. I know I need to stop drinking the stuff, but I feel like I'd need a support group or something. It'd definitely have to be one of those "Hi, my name is Hill, and I'm a Diet Coke addict."
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    it has never been proven
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There's a Snopes page that talks about this being untrue:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
  • suzieduh
    Options
    I think it is nonsense. Everyone is going to die at some stage, whether it be from a zombie apocolypse or a comet hitting the earth. Stay away from cocaine and cigarettes is my motto :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just read at the top of this post that Diet coke causes cancer. I never new! That pretty much is a fact now people!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Breathing air causes cancer. Hold your breath!
  • suzieduh
    Options
    Breathing air causes cancer. Hold your breath!

Really? Hold on... back in 10 minu......
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    if Diet Coke causes cancer due to the Aspartame content, then my Yoplait Light black forest cake yogurt does too.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    There are roughly 200 different types of cancer that can effect the human body. Which type of cancer is Diet Coke supposed to cause?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    or worse...you can get pregnant
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    or worse...you can get pregnant

Not if you deutsche with diet coke afterwards.