Just 4 the *Divas* 8 Week New You Support Group

Options
Hello ladies! I present to you a support group for all of you fly Divas who want to get into shape in the next 8 weeks with me. Whatever your reasoning is be it losing pounds, strengthening, or just wanting to be healthier, this group is for you. Starting today, September 1, 2011-November 1, 2011.

As Beyonce says "A Diva is a female version of a hustler" and we come in all shapes and sizes. I'm here to help you hustle in the gym, at home, etc. Use this forum as a go to with ideas, recipes, work outs, to look for a motivational buddy, or just pure venting and frustration. On November 1st we will post our progress! This group won't close until November 1st so new members are very much welcome. Once the 8 weeks is up, we can always open 4 Round 2 and so on ;)

1. Introduce yourself, your goals in the next 8 weeks, what you will be doing to accomplish those goals, and why you consider yourself a Diva.

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I'm Rachel
    My goals in the next 8 weeks are to lose 15-20lbs, firm up, and put my health first getting closer to being the ultimate Diva.
    I will be completing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels for 30 straight days, as well as Walk Away The Pounds 5 Mile Fat Burning Work Out with Leslie Sansone. (both clips can be seen on Comcast on demand) 5 days a week. I will be following my 80/20 rule. 80% healthy mixed in with random organic foods (salads, some meats) and 20% whatever I want with one possible cheat day a week. No sodas/pop, water and light mixed drinks or crystal light. My meat intake will also be lowered using turkey, chicken breasts, and fish as a main meat source. I may have a burger or ribs on my 20% days.

I consider myself a Diva because... I rarely leave the house without make up, this includes the gym!
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Bump! I know there are some divas out there!
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!!! I could really use some support.

My name's Natalie, and I'd like to lose 8lbs to 10lbs in the next 8 weeks!
    -I'm going to be tracking calories with MFP,
    -Working out at least every other day
    -Most importantly not binge-ing on junk food / take out food anymore which seems to be my major problem!

and i'm a diva because.......i always wear heels when I go out at night!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I'll do it!!! I could really use some support.

My name's Natalie, and I'd like to lose 8lbs to 10lbs in the next 8 weeks!
    -I'm going to be tracking calories with MFP,
    -Working out at least every other day
    -Most importantly not binge-ing on junk food / take out food anymore which seems to be my major problem!

and i'm a diva because.......i always wear heels when I go out at night!!!

Hey Diva Natalie!

Thanks for joining. I'll help you out lady. We can do this together! 8 weeks baby, that's all!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am Lisa
    My goals are to loose 10lbs in the next 8 weeks
    I am going to start P90X and Make better food choices
    I am Diva because I love designer handbags and any thing made by Coach my Fav brand and heels and Gold earing necklace and rings
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I am Lisa
    My goals are to loose 10lbs in the next 8 weeks
    I am going to start P90X and Make better food choices
    I am Diva because I love designer handbags and any thing made by Coach my Fav brand and heels and Gold earing necklace and rings

Hey Lisa! Thanks for joining :) I love coach too! My DH refuses to buy me anymore because he says I dirty them up too much. haha. Congrats on losing 11lbs, I know you'll lose that 10 in the next 8 weeks, especially with P90X!
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Ugh, today was tough. I did go swimming which helped by sore muscles but I didn't do my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred :(, I'll get on that tomorrow ASAP, I have to change my life around if I want to see a change.
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Good evening divas! How are your work outs going? I'm getting a lot better at Jillian's 30 Day Shred!
  • JekJekums
    JekJekums Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hi divas!!

i'm jessica and my goal is to lose ten pounds in the next 8 weeks.

i have been using mfp (on and off :S) for a few months now and i just started weight watchers three weeks ago.
    i need to keep on track and avoid those "aw, f*** it" moments where i just drink an entire bottle of wine and eat everything i see.
    i'm running 3 times a week - i want to bump up my kms and go consistently 5 times a week.
    i'm considering Jillian's 30 day shred to augment my workout.

i'm a diva because i can barely pay my rent, but i'm still drinking champagne and patron. and i hustle. hard.

<3 !!
  • Jarvis95
    Options
    Good morning divas!

what's the Jillian Michael's shred like? cardio or resistance training or both? a lot of people seem to talk about it on MFP.
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Good morning divas!

what's the Jillian Michael's shred like? cardio or resistance training or both? a lot of people seem to talk about it on MFP.

Good afternoon!

It's tough. In the beginning you'll feel like you're dying if you are out of shape or haven't been doing anything fitness wise. She doesn't like to stop so it's one circuit after another. Cardio for 2 min, then abs, then some other strength training, then cardio again and so on. She does both and uses weights. Of course I'm only on the first segment on my 5th or 6th day.
  • JekJekums
    Options
    good morning divas!

today i ran 10 km for the second day in a row - something i have NEVER done before!! i'm exhausted and sore. but, just so you all know, i thought about stopping and walking after the seventh kilometer, then again after the 8th, and again after the 9th. but then i thought about how proud i would be to be able to tell you guys that i ran all ten and it really motivated me!

just have to keep my eating on track. i always want to go to all you can eat japanese restaurants or chinese buffet! i'm thinking about it RIGHT NOW!! if i didn't have other people to cook for i would probably go four times a week!!

hope everyone's doing well. <3
  • Jarvis95
    Options
    congratulations!!!! that's major!!! running is so mental and I always let myself stop! i'm going to use you're run for motivation on my next one!!!

I went for a run around the high school track around my house yesterday, but today i was going to go to zumba and i was so tired so i napped :P i think i'm getting sick, blerg!!! tomorrow i'm going to try and ride my bike to school
  • JekJekums
    Options
    i agree!! oh, and i have had so many days when i felt a sickness coming on and so i didnt work out. it may not be awesome for your weight loss, but you don't have time to get sick!

my big goal for this week is to a) stay in on friday night so i can get out for a run on saturday morning and, b) avoid alcohol saturday entirely. this is a big deal for me!! wish me luck!
  • Jarvis95
    Options
    time to get your mocktail on!!!!!

especially if you're out at a party or something and people are going to bug you about not drinking, trick them with your mocktail ;);) and then act a little tipsy ;)
  • Jarvis95
    Options
    Good morning divas!

Good afternoon!

It's tough. In the beginning you'll feel like you're dying if you are out of shape or haven't been doing anything fitness wise. She doesn't like to stop so it's one circuit after another. Cardio for 2 min, then abs, then some other strength training, then cardio again and so on. She does both and uses weights. Of course I'm only on the first segment on my 5th or 6th day.

Ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the shred sounds hard!!! good work!!! i need to start doing abs again!
  • JekJekums
    Options

especially if you're out at a party or something and people are going to bug you about not drinking, trick them with your mocktail ;);) and then act a little tipsy ;)

that's a good idea!! i ended up drinking 2 beers on saturday while i sat at home. i can't seem to get over the urge to binge on the weekend - if not on alcohol, then on food (to reward myself for not going out drinking! so dumb!) so hopefully i can be really good for the rest of the week and still lose something this week.

i have been keeping my exercise goals though! you inspire me with all your hard work!!
  • Jarvis95
    Options

that's a good idea!! i ended up drinking 2 beers on saturday while i sat at home. i can't seem to get over the urge to binge on the weekend - if not on alcohol, then on food (to reward myself for not going out drinking! so dumb!) so hopefully i can be really good for the rest of the week and still lose something this week.

i have been keeping my exercise goals though! you inspire me with all your hard work!!

yay for exercise goals!!! and drinking two beers is SO not a binge :D xo
  • trinychong
    Options
    Hello Divas! I have been on a weight loss quest and since I read all the posts...I know its not late to join.

My name Is Triny and I want to lose 14lbs by Novemeber 1st. I am excited to actually become active in the MFP world since I hadn't done so. It feels good to find people that are willing to motivate you! I am a DIVA because even though I have always been a chunky monkey, I have always looked good and kept it rocking! I love shoes!!!!!! LOL. Glad to join the group!!!

I am currently doing P90X- Kenpo and occassionally some power walking while pushing my daughter in her stroller! =)
  • rnail
    Options
    My name is Roslyn.
    My goal is to lose 16 lbs by November 1
    I'M READY TO DO THIS!!! :happy: