Rock That Dress Challenge!

Options
This challenge is geared toward military wives but I’m also opening it up to anyone who would like to “Rock That Dress” for an upcoming wedding, holiday party, or special event. Are you the wife of a Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen who will attend the Marine Corps Birthday Ball on November 12, 2011 or other military event? How about a bride-to-be, or wife that wants to be her husband’s “arm candy” at a holiday party? Are you ready to be smokin’ hot instead of ho-hum??? If you’d like to join with us and help support our military wives and each other we’d love to have you! I am the wife of a Marine veteran & current police officer. Even though my husband is no longer active duty, we attend the birthday ball every year. I want to look nice for the first time in years and "Rock that Dress!" You can post your daily calorie burns, we'll do challenges, and track measurement loss. At the end of the challenge, you can even post before pictures, and of course...post your “hottie” pictures from the birthday ball, etc. I'm open to suggestions on challenges. All in all, we can support each other to become healthier and fit just like our husbands who serve our country with honor, courage, and commitment.

Replies

• cougs12
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. My hubby is a Marine(no longer active duty). I want to lose the weight for out 7th wedding anniversary coming up in december so i can wear the dress i wore at our reception.
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this challenge! I am pretty new to myfitnesspal so I haven't joined anything yet, really looking forward to it. My husband and I are both Veterans and both pretty out of shape now (me way more than him). I am turning 30 in January and would love to ROCK THAT DRESS! at my party and well into the next decade of my life :-)
  • bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge too! Today my husband is offically retired from the Army after 31 years!!! Can't blieve we made it this long, but we did. I am German and met my husband 29 years ago in Germany. We spent most of our military lives oversease, LOL. In June we moved to the WV, I gained close to 10lb since we moved here.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I nor my husband are not in the military, but I would like to Rock that Dress for Christmas. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, too! My DH is active duty in the military and our ball this year is around Christmas. I'm hoping to 'Rock the Dress' definitely!!
  • RDH77
    RDH77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything specific to rock the dress for. I just really would like to look nice in clothes again! LOL! Would love to join you guys! I have only been on MFP for about 2 and half months and I've been stalling a bit, only lost about 2 lbs in a month and a half but have noticed inches lost so it's something! I'm an AF vet and my husband is still AD.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad y'all are interested in joining the challenge! Give me another day or two before I close the group and then I'll let you know what you need to do. I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all! Have a blessed day!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! We aren't going to a ball or even the squadron holiday party (PCSing over the holidays yay) but I intend on "Rocking That Dress" When we celebrate our first anniversary together in November!

My Husband is active duty Air Force and we're currently in the process of him finishing up his cross training to be a flight engineer. We PCSd here to NM in March and I started MFP in June...then promptly hurt myself...then hurt myself again...so with a knee that cant seem to keep from dislocating (five times since June 13th! WTH!) I've lost 25 lbs but have to limit the exercise. :( Feel free to add me anyone!

LETS DO THIS!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Here's our group so far...I'll close the group by the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks for joining and I'll be in touch soon!

MilitaryRockThatDressChallenge-1.png
  • vkcooper
    Options
    I want to join!!!! MC Ball is Nov 5th here and I have to look amazing!
  • krissykayg
    Options
    I would love to join. Feel better and look better
  • sparklesxo
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late, but I'd love to join! I've never done a challenge on here before...I've only been on MFP for 3 days now!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not looking to "Rock that Dress," but I am an ex-Marine. Hope you achieve your goals. You're already arm candy.

I thank you and your families for your service. No one deserves more repect than the family of an active soldier or Marine.

Semper Fi.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Count me in if its not too late! My hubby is in the National Guard!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    My hubby is former Marine, current National guard (ugh) and we are both in the criminal justice field, not only do we need to lose weight to advance in our career firelds but I also want to rock that dress at the Unit hristmas Diner. My hubby has not been to a Marine Corps Ball since he got out in 2001. He refuses to go because he doesn't fit his old dress blues, I am also going to lose weight in hopes that if I do, and hubby follows, we can go in 2012!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    Well, I'm not looking to "Rock that Dress," but I am an ex-Marine. Hope you achieve your goals. You're already arm candy.

I thank you and your families for your service. No one deserves more repect than the family of an active soldier or Marine.

Semper Fi.

Once a Marine, always a Marine
    you are a former Marine and Semper Fi to you as well!
  • HawaiiCam
    HawaiiCam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining. Hubby is Army and we are looking to renew our vows next year in a beach ceremony. I wanna look hot LOL
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was directed over here to round up those who are either:

1.) Active Duty/Activated Reserve/Active Guard Reserve (may have DEP for currently deployed designation)
    2.) Reserve or Guard
    3.) Retired or Veterans (Ret designation for 20+yrs or medically retired >30% from branch)
    4.) Dependents (current spouses/older children)

for ALL branches (even USCG and we even have a British RAF who is currently deployed) for the military roster signature-block that you currently see under my and Kaycurrier's posts. In reading through this thread, I've gathered the following names for the next roster update. If you believe I made a mistake in not including you, would rather not participate, need me to correct information, etc... please just let me know. As the group is quite large (60+ members), sadly I cannot include everybody but do make exceptions in extenuating circumstances (such as our deployed ally Brit-RAF & "bayerngirl" who gets an honorable mention for "retiring" after 31 years... you go girl!) and would for any widows or those providing care for medically retired spouses, etc.

No Active/AGR

Under Retirees & Veterans:
    GypsysBlood: USA (I know you're currently a dependent, as am I, but our service takes precedence)
    TheRoadDog: USMC (still trying to clear up that "ex" Marine thing like Kay pointed out and if you are "Ret")

Under Dependents:
    bayerngirl (with a "Ret", 31yrs! designation... you rate it!)
    CindyLynn28
    HawaiiCam
    Janie5605
    Jenny95662
    MereMe
    nicole883
    vkcooper

and I think I PMd one or two more asking for additional information. I would also like to ask permission if I could use the top strip of your signature block for this group (faded to match) at the bottom of our military collage as I'm out of horizontal space and need more vertical space in order to include more names while keeping everyone's MFP handle easy to read.

Networking is so important for us! Thank you :)
  • vkcooper
    Options
    Looks great!!!!
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey I know I'm late to the party, but can I join, been on holiday so only just spotted the thread, came home 1lb heavier than I left so need to get down to some proper exersize now I've been cleared by my GP.