Birth Control Pills

2»

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    No problems on Microgynon or Cerazette here. I was on Microgynon when I lost 3 stone with weight watchers and am on Cerazette now and losing weight. Literally the only side effect I had on the first one was period pains, I never had them till I went on the pill. No side effects at all on Cerazette so far as I'm aware.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i've never gained weight from BC pills, i actually lost some when i was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen because it made me so sick. it also made me a crazy biotch, so i had to stop taking it.

i found i've done the best on monophasic pills, where the hormones don't fluctuate as much. i'm currently on Yasmin.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    I've never gained while on the pill, been on it for uh...well.

In 2005 I started using the nuva ring, loved it, never had any issue whatsoever.

2011 price went up out of my range, had to swap to cheaper kind. I'm on Lutera now, and since swapping to it (Mid-April) I've noticed my weight loss has slowed a little. But I cannot contribute that to the BC. My weight loss could have slowed from any other factor, as well. Lots of stuff has been changing in my life recently :)

I heard that the Depo shot almost always causes gain, so I'd avoid that.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I have been on BC for almost 18 years and have never had a problem with weight gain/difficulty losing because of them. Though I have always been on low dose pills so maybe that makes a difference.

4 years soon, and no problems with low-dose pills either.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    The first birthcontrol pill I went on made me gain almost 10 pds alone. With food cravings and hunger pains... It was pretty negative.

Then they put me on a low dose pill that I have done better with. I don't feel the hunger pains, nor do I have that many food cravings. I have only lost weight since the change in pill.

It is best to talk about your concerns with your doctor. There are several forms of oral birthcontrol, and many more options available that might help you in your weight loss journey