Reality of losing 40 lbs in 4 months

Options
2»

Replies

• Brixxbri
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm brianna and I'm 18 years old and 5'5.
    Long story short, I've been struggling with my weight here and there, but 3 months ago I made a huge change.
    I weighed 203 pounds and now I weigh 180 pounds. I lost 23 pounds in 3 months and I think that's pretty good.
    I workout 7 days a week, sometimes 6 depending how I feel and I always eat 1200 calories.
    I never believe that bull**** where people say " you need to eat back your calories after workout " because I've done just fine NOT doing that. But I do still have a few questions for people who have done this already and were successful.
    My day is:
    Breakfast: 80 Calorie fiber one cereal.
    Am snack: 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1/4 cup of strawberries with 2 raspberries
    Lunch: grilled chicken with salad or tuna and peppers ( olive oil mayonnaise).
    Pm snack: handful of unsalted almonds & celery
    Dinner: grilled chicken with brown rice, and veggies.
    I do not ever eat past 8:00 pm!

I'm very dedicated and I do have 1 cheat meal a week ( which stops me from snapping)!!!

Regarding my workout:
    20 minutes of high intensity cardio (usually 8.0 mph then recover at 3.5 mph and continue that pattern).
    Then I do 30 -40 minutes of strength straining ( weights, squating... ECT).

So I'm doing pretty good so far, my question is .... Anyone with experience ..... can I lose 40 - 50 pounds by June 1st?

I'm losing weight pretty fast... But I know it does slow down after you get to a low weight!

Please be helpful!

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm brianna and I'm 18 years old and 5'5.
    Long story short, I've been struggling with my weight here and there, but 3 months ago I made a huge change.
    I weighed 203 pounds and now I weigh 180 pounds. I lost 23 pounds in 3 months and I think that's pretty good.
    I workout 7 days a week, sometimes 6 depending how I feel and I always eat 1200 calories.
    I never believe that bull**** where people say " you need to eat back your calories after workout " because I've done just fine NOT doing that. But I do still have a few questions for people who have done this already and were successful.
    My day is:
    Breakfast: 80 Calorie fiber one cereal.
    Am snack: 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1/4 cup of strawberries with 2 raspberries
    Lunch: grilled chicken with salad or tuna and peppers ( olive oil mayonnaise).
    Pm snack: handful of unsalted almonds & celery
    Dinner: grilled chicken with brown rice, and veggies.
    I do not ever eat past 8:00 pm!

I'm very dedicated and I do have 1 cheat meal a week ( which stops me from snapping)!!!

Regarding my workout:
    20 minutes of high intensity cardio (usually 8.0 mph then recover at 3.5 mph and continue that pattern).
    Then I do 30 -40 minutes of strength straining ( weights, squating... ECT).

So I'm doing pretty good so far, my question is .... Anyone with experience ..... can I lose 40 - 50 pounds by June 1st?

I'm losing weight pretty fast... But I know it does slow down after you get to a low weight!

Please be helpful!

You do realize that when you don't do that bull**** where you eat your exercise calories back, your net calorie intake is actually much lower than 1200 calories a day, right? And that you're losing muscle along with fat? You're basically on a VLCD, which is bad for a number of reasons, but most importantly, your HEART is a muscle - and cardiac muscle atrophy has been associated with VLCDs. Since it doesn't seem you are under a doctor's supervision and are probably burning a decent amount of calories with your exercise, you could be doing quite a bit of damage to yourself. Stop worrying about losing weight in a certain amount of time and worry about losing weight in a healthy way.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 40 lbs in 4 months? With proper nutrition and exercise. Or is this just doing more harm than good?

Yes, it is, assuming you actually need to lose more than 40 pounds. But it is damn hard work to do it right.

The "2 lbs a week" meme infecting MFP needs to be ditched - weight loss limits should be defined as percentages of non-lean body mass, not as incorrect absolute numbers that are constantly leading people down bad paths.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you're starting. I lost 50 lbs my first three months following MFP, but I started out at 347. Now I'm losing between 8 - 10 lbs per month.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    i think losing 4-6 lbs per month is much more reasonable. and doable.

I like this one much better .. you probably didn't gain it in 4 months, so it is not a great idea to try to lose it in 4 months. Just saying.