Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

50+ Women

Replies

• doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    I would love to join this group...I just passed my 1 year anniversary here at MFP, and still haven't made it to my goal :grumble: , but I'm not ready to quit either...I'll be 52 next month, 3 adult sons living away from home and 1 d-i-l...no grandbabies yet....I walk/run at least 2 miles daily and re-added weights, crunches & push-ups this past week...
  • Yes Iam in....big reunion in March, some of me has to go....great work out today and started writing down again....wish me luck...yes over 50, over 55, yep that's me...
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Hello all

Hope everyone is having a great day. It is nice to see a few other members join our group.

My goals for 09 are:

1. to break the plateau that has befallen me and drop 40 more pounds hopefully by my son's wedding in the spring

2. to increase my exercise especially in the cardio area

3. continue to get healthy (keep lowering my blood pressure and cholestrol)

Hey, all of you over 50 and Fabulous members what's your goals? Let's keep this thread going and encouraging one another!!!
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    I'm coming up on 50 next year and would like to go ahead and get a head start in the 50+ since I will be there before long. Have been strength training and running, did my first 1/2 marathon in December, but can't seem to lose any weight. :cry: Start training again on Monday for a 1/2 marathon in April but this time I'm going to try and watch my diet and fluid intake and see if I can shed some pound.

118724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • healthier4me
    Bump
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    day 7 and ugg-
    my goals for today-
    Drink my water, eat healthy, and add 10 minutes to the treadmill.
    Let's go ladies!!!
  • Booksarenice
    :sad: I miss Fla. a lot except for the big ole roaches! I HATE those things. Nightmare alley with those things. eech. yuck, nasty:noway:
  • Well, I guess there are a lot more 50+ women than we thought! My goal for this month is to

1. lose another 2 pounds for a total of 5
    2. eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables each day
    3. exercise 5 days a week for at least 20 minutes

The third one will be the hardest. Time, energy and motivation are major hurdles for me right now. My hope is that feeling better with new eating habits will lead to more energy for exercise. Have given up meat, sugar and milk as of Dec 26 and already feel better.
  • Booksarenice
    :cry: wow- giving up meat! That would be more than I could handle. I eat healthier meats but still...... Good going. I am impressed.I am tryng to stay off sugar or at least reduce the amount greatly (occasionally) and since hubby drinks soy milk I made that switch a while ago. Not a huge milk person but crave real milk every now and then.
    Keep up with I exercise. You can do it. We need to take it slow and increase as we can. If we do it too fast wer'll end up in pain and quit. So do what you can and build up some endurance first.
    You can do this-:laugh:
  • :cry: wow- giving up meat! That would be more than I could handle.

Actually, I don't really like meat that much so it's really not much of a hardship to be honest. I like soy milk so that's fine too and I've already noticed my allergies improving. Sugar is the hardest thing for me - I am a sugar fiend! But I do find that if I eat 2-3 pieces of fruit each day I dont' have the cravings.
  • Booksarenice
    I have to watch the fruit intake 'cause of my diabetes 2. So I eat it just in very small amouts. i am a sugar addict also and really want to get that monkey off my back.:devil:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Happy Sunday ladies!!!!!

I set my goals for this month to lose 5 pounds and at least 5 inches ... in order to do that, it looks like I'm going to have to increase the amount of time I spend on the "dreadmill" every day....:grumble: ...
    and since it's an older model, maybe I can burn the motor up and get a newer, more technoligically (sp?) advanced one...:wink:

Good luck to us all :flowerforyou:
    vee
  • healthier4me
    Just checking in on everyone. Hope you are having a great Sunday. Got my walk in outside in the bitter cold today. It felt great and before I left I made a big pot of healthy chicken vegetable soup and left it simmer so when I returned home I warmed up with a nice bowl of it:smile:

Worse part of walking outside in the cold was the need to go to the bathroom halfway thru the walk and no where to go. Made me walk faster to get home quicker.

Hope you all have done something nice for yourself today. Keep :laugh:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I would love to join in on this group. Hope I'm not to late. I just found it. I really need to get off the holiday wagon. I have only lost 20lbs and would like to lose another 20lbs. this year. Not to many people over 50 on this site. Hope to see you all soon.

Kathy

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Well I did my 4.2 mile walk this morning. Drinking my water and now I'm having an apple. (Fruit) Well that is a start on eating healthy. I am trying to get into that little black or what ever color dress by my anniversary which is June 1. But I know we have to take it off very slow and healthy to keep it off. So will do my best to get their. So everyone good luck with your goals. And drink that water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • healthier4me
    Welcome to the group, the more the merrier I say. We are here to support and encourage one another. Hope you are having a great day. Keep thinking positive thoughts:flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    Well I did my 4.2 mile walk this morning. Drinking my water and now I'm having an apple. (Fruit) Well that is a start on eating healthy. I am trying to get into that little black or what ever color dress by my anniversary which is June 1. But I know we have to take it off very slow and healthy to keep it off. So will do my best to get their. So everyone good luck with your goals. And drink that water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great job and good to hear from you. I am working on my second big mug of wonderful water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: as we speak. I cannot drink too much water before I go for my walk so I try to get it all in when I return. Keep up the great work and you will be in that little whatever colored dress before you know it:happy:

Thanks for the reminder of the water!!!
  • Booksarenice
    water- tis' an issue for some of us. Force myself to drink it and yet it betray everytime. Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go. I soon learned when to drink and when to hold off somewhat. Need to make it through those walks before-gotta go time. Way to go on the exercise ladies. Keep at it and soon we'll be 50+ but finnnnnneeeee.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    trying to down water also. I am getting better. I always get the gotta goes. :laugh: :laugh:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Today was Kenpo X for 1 hour. Burned 300 calories. Then did Day 1 of Week 1 of the Hundred Pushup Challenge. Just barely got thru day 1.......... I can't imagine doing 100 EVER! We'll keep working on it; one day at a time. Tried to do Core Syn. afterwards and just didn't have the energy to finish the whole hour. Did 1/2 hour, burned another 187 calories.

My goal is to try to burn 500 calories a day. Some days, I don't make it.......

Going on vacation in the middle of February and need to get rid of another 5 pounds before I leave.

Keep pushing "Play" :bigsmile: :grumble: :angry:
This discussion has been closed.